Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending a form to someone else?

Hi all

Just a quick question, dont know if you can help me.

I have managed to set up an agreement with the owner of another site related to the subject of mine to generate leads for me via a special page on their site in addition to the ones i already generate through mine.

They do not use bluevoda, but need me to send them a form to use on this page. My question is, can i just copy the html of the form i use on my page and send it to them as a note pad doc for them to paste into their own site? I would like to also change the email address to allow me to know whether the enquiries have been recieved via my site or theirs, so could you also guide me on how to do this? Do i simply find all the places where my current email address occurs in the html code and replace it with an alternative email address?

Hope someone can help!

Cheers

Sally
    www.webuynationwide.co.uk

Re: Sending a form to someone else?

Hi, just as an idea! would you not be better sending them a code for an iframe & having the form on your server. It would be very handy if there is any problems or you want to make a change, then it can be done from your end without disturbing them.
    Something like the code below would go on their page with the link to your form page that you will set up for this job. Just remember to pop the form in the top left of the page.

Only an idea?

<iframe src="http://www.google.com" width="500px" height="400px" id="map" frameborder="0">
    </iframe>
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi

Ive never heard of this before, but it sounds interesting. Im afraid its gone over my head a bit though!

They basically want me to send them some content (which i have written) and then they will put the form below this on their own same page which they will design. Will this method allow this or will a button have to be clicked to take the visitor to another page to see the form?

Is it as simple as sending them the HTML code with the email address amended, either way? Sorry be being dumb!

Thanks!

Sally

Comment

Hi, its not very SE friendly, but very flexible. It can be set up like a mini site within a site. You can have as many pages as you wish within the iframe window via a mini menu of links on your pages. The only thing to remember, is the size & space they give you will have to be the page size you are restricted to.
        If you pop the code above into a html box on the front of a BV page you will see what i mean when previewed. You will notice the Google page wont fit the frame. So fining out what space you have been given in px is the 1st thing.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

You can work with an Iframe, as Chris suggested, or you can add a form in their website, that will send the info directly to you. To do this, however, you need to setup also a processing script. As you understand in both cases, a thankyou page is required. If you use the Iframe, the thankyou page (which will be on your website) will appear in the iframe after submission, so you will need to make it so that the visitors will not understand that they are dealing with another site, in the second case, you would need to setup a script with a redirection to a thankyou page that is on their site
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the help guys :) I think im getting there now slowly!

Comment

Working...
            X