Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help installing ABVFP

Aloha!

Can't get past the install page. Here's what I've done...

Used the BV FTP to create and populate a folder called ABVFP in my public_html folder.

Switched permissions for that folder to 777

Checked files to be sure they had the required permissions.

Created a MySQL data base in CPanel. I named it ABVFP and it created it as "myCPanelpassword_ABVFP".

Likewise the username is myCPanelpassword_tom

Back to the install page. Here's the fields as I filled them out:

tom
    mymadeuppassword
    (repeat) mymadeuppassword
    Get a firm handle on building an amazing Children's Ministry that draws families in and graduates lifelong disciples of Jesus Christ.

tom@ etc. etc.
    localhost
    CPpassword_password_ABVFP [remember, MySQL added my password to my name]
    CPpassword_password_tom
    The password for the MySQL database

Read the EULA and checked the box.

I left FTP open, BV is closed

Get a can't get to the server or 404 page error

I tried a bunch of different variations of the above, including removing the DB passwords that MySQL added. Can't think of what else to do.

As you likely expect, I am a n00b. But BV and the forum is completely beyond awesome. Thanks very much!

Tom
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Re: Need help installing ABVFP

Did the installation wizard give you a confirmation message ? If yes, did you change back the ABVFP folder permissions to 755 ?

At which point excactly does the problem arise ? is it with installation, or with use of ABVFP ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

When I hit the Install button it gives me the error page. I never make it to the Completed window, just back to the first window (with all my input stripped out!) to try all over again. I did change my folder back to 755 but of course that doesn't mean much since ABVFP never installed. I'm pretty sure I understand the rest of the tutorial, so if I can just get it installed I think I can handle it from there.

Looking at what I typed in the fields (in the post above), do you have any suggestions I could try?

Thanks very much--it looks like you've created a remarkable form processor and I can't wait to get into it!

BTW--I only started on my first (and only) web site less than two weeks ago. I've learned so much I'm guessing I'm losing track of things...I created the ABVFP folder via the "new folder" option in the BV FTP. Then I used FTP to browse to my C drive to find the proper ABVFP un-rared files, which I then dragged to the folder. Is that the correct proceedure? Of course, they all work as far as the installler goes, but just in case...

Tom

Comment

I just tried it again. The error message is "Could not connect to the database server. Please check user details."

You know, I'm wondering if this isn't a database question. I created it, it exists. But I haven't found any BV tutorials on the subject--is there something further I must do to make my database "work"?

Comment

No, it is not. However, it is not CPpassword_password. It is CPusername_password etc.
          Check it
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks again, navaldesign. I realize it's a free program so I won't bother you with this for now.

Yer pal, Tom

Comment

That's no problem, support is aways support, free software or not.
              Another explanation for he database connection problem could be that you have created the database, user and password, but you (maybe) have NOT added the user to the specific database. If you haven't, it is as if this user doesn't exist
              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
              X