• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clgunn
    Corporal

• Feb 2008

404 error

Please help. I have my forms properties set to go to congratulations.php and is set to post. Page properties is set to php extension.

On the congratulations page - page properties set to php and page is named and saved as congratulations.

I copied the html text and put in beginning of body.

I still can't get it to work. Please please help
  • Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: 404 error

Originally posted by clgunn View Post
    Please help. I have my forms properties set to go to congratulations.php and is set to post. Page properties is set to php extension.

On the congratulations page - page properties set to php and page is named and saved as congratulations.

I copied the html text and put in beginning of body.

I still can't get it to work. Please please help
    Website Link???? We can't help without seeing it.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

OK...your email Form page should look like this in Page Properties, right??

And....you've properly pasted the script for your "Thank You" page like this, right?

Well....the only thing that is hoiding you up is the possibility you did not copy/paste the script correctly, or ...

The form action, as we have seen, is set to be "action.php". This is NOT a coincidence.
      The form action NEEDS to be the same as the thank you page filename.

So the thank you page is saved as "action" and when published it is published as "action.php". The form action must be set to be "action.php" so the form will send the info to the processing script which is in the page "action.php".

If you want, you may save your Thank you page with ANY other name like "thankyou" or "confirmation" or anything else. However, the form action, MUST be set accordingly : "thankyou.php" or "confirmation.php" etc.

Make sure that all the fields in the “contact” page have their own names. BlueVoda (up to version 9 ) by default assigns the fields names like T1, S1 etc. So if more than one fields have the same name, f.e. T1, you will only receive one value. If you are using BV 9 this problem doesn't exist as the fields have now a progressive numbering.

The email field MUST be called “email”, otherwise the script is unable to recognize the visitor’s email as such.

In order to receive clearly titled values, we suggest that you name your fields with a clear name, f.e. “First_name”, Last_name”, “comments” etc. Use underscores to separate the words, the same way you do when naming BlueVoda pages. However, you can use uppercase letters.

Remember: your visitor's email address field MUST be named "email" and the "submit" button MUST be named "submit" .
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

The user has specified that the action is set to "congratulations.php" and the action page is "congratulations.php", so everything seems correct. A 404 error as he reports is either a mistyping error (like a C instead of c) or a publishing error (published in another folder).

We need a link to your form to be able to help.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Marincky
          General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
          The user has specified that the action is set to "congratulations.php" and the action page is "congratulations.php", so everything seems correct. A 404 error as he reports is either a mistyping error (like a C instead of c) or a publishing error (published in another folder).

We need a link to your form yo be able to help.
          Exactly
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• clgunn
            Corporal

• Feb 2008

Sorry

www.masterloanoriginator.com

thanks

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

I am not sure i understand. The link you provided is your home page. There, you have a form for name / email (i suppose for signing up in your services).

1. I would never fill in such a form, I mean why ? you don't give me any reason or even explain why i should give you my name and email address.
              2. From the technical point of view, ON THE CONTRARY OF WHAT YOU HAVE STATED IN YOUR INITIAL POST, the action is set to be "action.php" and not congratulations.php
              3. In most of your pages, there is not even a navigation bar! How is the user supposed to navigate through your pages ?
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• clgunn
                Corporal

• Feb 2008

so what do i need to give you so that you can assist me in getting that screen to work. Whether you would enter your information or not, I still need help on fixing that problem. Will you assist please??????

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

What i meant is that your page is not attractive, it doesn't give the visitors a reason to fill in the form. Add some text, saying (as an example): Fill in the following form to recieve more information .." or something like that.

From the technical point of view:

You said that you have created a action page, which you have named "congratulations" and you have published it as php. I already checked it, and the page exists, though i can't know if you have pasted the code for the form processing correctly.
                  So, open your index page in BV, double click the form, and in the "action" field fill in " congratulations.php " . Save, re-publish the page, and REFRESH your browser before testing (hit F5, 5 - 6 times, fast)
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                  X