X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• placing uploaded photos in your site

Hello
    my site is running with information stored in DATABASE and is populated with PHP and MYSQL. https://www.brasilwebdesign.com/clas...assifieds.html

is there a way with ABVFP to let the user upload a photo with the rest of the information and when it showing(quering ) the information back to the page it will quuer the uploaded photo as well ?

im asking that because i understand that the up loaded photo is going to a folder (uploaded) and not to the database

thanks alot

Re: placing uploaded photos in your site

a bit more....
    now i understand that it IS better to store in the database only the "link" (the address) of the folder that contains the pictures.

how do i do that ? how can i add to the form php code the command to open a new colum (pic_location) that when i want to queir the users information it will automaticly show the pics in the page also

thanks again

Comment

Actually if the file sizes are small you could also store them in a database, but thats too in depth to give instruction for that on the forum.

I can't really say how you will do this with ABVFP, I am not familiar with the inner workings of that script, but basically when you upload a file a function is called to move the file from the temporary location the upload is stored, to some location on your webspace to be saved for later use. You just have to save that file path in the database for it can later be retrieved.

I don't believe ABVFP has a feature to display the data from the database (although I could be wrong, as I said I have never used it). You may want to spend some time learning how to query a database for data and display it.
      check out
      W3Schools offers free online tutorials, references and exercises in all the major languages of the web. Covering popular subjects like HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python, SQL, Java, and many, many more.

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Since ABVFP was not planned to do what you want (the next version will have as User Options: Email the files, Email only the path to the files, Store the files in the Database, Store the Path to the files ) you should modify its code. Find this line:

for ($i = 0; $i < (count($ndfieldname) - count($upload_Name)); $i++) {

and make it:

for ($i = 0; $i < (count($ndfieldname)); $i++) {

This should be enough. The value stored in the database will be the full path (URL) of the uploaded files.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

To display the images, you have two options:

1. Retrieve the data from the database as string, and simply echo the string. This will allow you to display the image excactly in it's original dimensions.

2. OR, use a resizing script to define allowable maximum dimensions, and have the script resize and display the pictures in the desired dimensions.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

wow...

thanks alot!!

Comment

hi again
              did what u said
              and in the DB colum it still shows "NULL"
              i named the upload box "upload" i see a colum named "uipload"
              but now path to the file there

any help ?

Comment

Please note that the line to edit exists in two locations, you need to edit it in both. Change it and try again.
                Navaldesign

Comment

found the two...
                  changed them

and nop it still show's NULL in the "upload" colum

the colum feild :
                  feild : upload
                  type :VARCHAR
                  lenght/value : 250
                  Null :null
                  Default :NULL

maybe we need to add/change other things ?

Comment

No. This is tested and works. Please wait 5 minutes and then download again the entire ABVFP zip. replace the file dbts_abvfp.php with the new one, and test again.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

browse button HTML :
                      <input type="file" id="FileUpload1" size="27" name="upload">

submit button HTML:
                      <input type="submit" id="Button2"" name="submit" value="submit">

MAYBE HERE IT WRONG ?

Comment

How you have named your fields is NOT important. ABVFP automatically recognizes the fields and creates the necessary DB columns.

Did you download the zip again, and replaced the file, as i suggested ?
                        Navaldesign

Comment

hi
                          yeap i did what u told me , ITS WORKING FINE now

just one questiuon ,

how come now i didnt see the two location that i neede dto change the line code ?

anyways , thanks alot !!

Comment

Because when i posted the above post, i edited the code myself and uploaded it, so the code you got was already edited.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

hi
                              i found a bug in your new code
                              it put in the DB the path but with out ":" after http

and when i echoing the image it doesnt work

can we fix it ?

Comment

Working...
                              X