X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Blue Voda Form

Hi Naval,

I really love your ABVFP.

Can I check if I want to create a survey or poll where I create a series of questions with possible answers eg:

Do you like to eat ice-cream?
    1) Absolutely
    2) Love it
    3) Occassionally
    4) Periodically

The customers will select on the best possible answers. After answering all the questions, they will click on the Submit Button and their selected answers will be displayed.

I will place my autoresponder code into the form so that when they key in submit, besides getting their answers to appear on screen, I can also collect their email addy which I will then send out tips to "Eating Ice Cream".

Can this be done with ABVFP? If yes, can you tell me how?

I got a free software but it's in beta format. However it is very unstable. I would rather do it at ABVFP if possible. Please advise.

Sorry if my English is a little unclear but I hope you understand what I mean.

Thank you

P.S. I included the zip file for the beta software for you (just in case you do not understand what I mean)
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Advanced Blue Voda Form

Let me explain:

1. ABVFP is a form processor. It can recieve the user submission, and mail it to you. It can also store the info in a database, so it can collect the email addresses. However, it can NOT send the info also to your autoresponder as it was not designed to do so. It can be done, but requires additional scripting which you would have to pay for.

2. Your autoresponder form can NOT display the user's selections in a page in your website. You would need (if they offer this option) to enable data forwarding, and you should then have a script in th ereturn page that would capture the data and disply it on the page.

The two above solutions are identical, probably the first one would have a lower cost

3. You can NOT put your autoresponder code inside the form, infact, this code is a form by itself, you can't make both forms submit with a single hit on the SAME submit button.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok Naval, thank you

Comment

• skiesthelimit
        Private First Class

• Feb 2008

I have a ABVFP for a request page. When a potential customer fills out a form, I get an email to the wrong address telling me that there has been a submission. It doesnt tell me the info I need though. My website is skiesthelimit2008.com. The "get what you want" link is were people place there requests. Can someone take a look at it and tell me why I'm not getting the requests?

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

ABVFP can NOT send to the "wrong" email address ? Where would it find it from ??

Check your settings in the ABVFP control panel.

Now, i tested the form, and i recieved the autoresponder mail, so ABVFP works ok. If the mails don't get to you, check that it hasn't finished up in your spam folder.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X