Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't Figure Form Maker Pro Installation Out, Plz Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Figure Form Maker Pro Installation Out, Plz Help!

Okay, so I'm stupid, and I admit it! But... I tried looking at the video tutorial on how to install Form Maker Pro... and I still don't get it. Can anyone explain to me exactly what it is I'm sposed to do in my cpanel, as far as installing it into there? I just don't get how to upload the folder and files into the cpanel. Thank you.
    Dawnee

Re: Can't Figure Form Maker Pro Installation Out, Plz Help!

FMP is a collection of files that come zipped.
    You first unzip it in your computer.
    Then you upload the entire folder in your site. This way you will have a folder, under your public_html, called fmp, with all the subfolders/files in there.

before you can run the installation wizard, you need to create a database through your Control Panel, MySQl section, and also create a user (username/passowrd). Add this user to your FMP related database, and grant him ALL permissions.

At this point you are ready to install FMP by typing, in your browser, "http://www.yourdomain.com/fmp/install.php
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thanks... gonna try all that now...
      Dawnee

Comment

I guess I'm still stupid... it's not working! On the readme thing it said to chmod everything to 755.... i assumed that meant to change all the perms from 644 to 755, was that incorrect? Or... is there maybe a certain name you have to name the user you grant permission in MySQL? I don't know... just guessing here...
        Dawnee

Comment

I believe that the chmod instructions were ONLY for some folder (or folders) , not for the files inside the folders.

There is no need for specific user name or password requirement for the database. You can use whatever you want (within the limits that CP has, which is that the username can be up to 7, if i recall well, caracters)

When installing FMP you wil be asked to provide Database name, username, password.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok... so this is what it reads on the installation instructions page.. i've only got up to step 4 and then followed what you said....

Step 1:</SPAN> Download </SPAN>Form Maker Pro</SPAN> from VodaHost.
            </SPAN>1. </SPAN>unzip Form Maker Pro and extract the fmp folder to your computers desk top. If you do not have WinZip installed on your computer click here now.2.</SPAN> Login to your control panel and create a mySQL database. If you do not know how to do this, click here for full instructions.3.Upload the entire fmp folder into your public_html directory (including the folder). You will need FTP software to do this, BlueVoda has a built in FTP manager. or you can use any other FTP software like SmartFTP or ws_ftp.
            public_html/fmp
            4.</SPAN> chmod the the entire fmp folder to 755 unless you are on the voda2 sever IP 70.86.30.66 you will chmod the the entire fmp folder to to 777</SPAN>5.</SPAN> Run "install.php" with your web browser. Example >>>. http://www.YourDomain.com/fmp/install.php
            </SPAN> </SPAN>6.</SPAN> Fill in the "System Installation" page fields:
            </SPAN></SPAN>

so... did i do the wrong thing by changed everything to 755? i'm realy confused...and it's still not working!
            Dawnee

Comment

Yes, you did the wrong thing. You only needed to change permissions to the folder. Now you need to set the files permissions back to the original 644
              Navaldesign

Comment

k, thanks
                Dawnee

Comment

Working...
                X