• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • demuredawn
    Second Lieutenant

• Apr 2008

Navaldesign, Plz Help

Hello,

Okay, first of all, I'm new to making a website in the first place. So, I've never tried to make a form at all (on the internet). I can see that BlueVoda10 can do a lot of things, I just can't figure out how to make the functions work. Can you help me with this, or point me to information that will? I need to know how to make it so if the user select a radio button once, it selects the item, and if they press it again, it deselcts the item. Also, for other questions, I need to know how to make it so that the user can only select one item, and if they decide to select another, it changes the selection. I also need to know how to make it so the submit button leads the user to a thank you page, and send a email directly to me. The last thing I need for my form, is to know how to enter text boxes that the user can use to type information into so that I can get more precise answers to the questions (as well as their names and emails). Any help you can provide would be appreciated. I keep asking these questions to the whole forum, but am receiving no answers, and would like to get my site fully functional as soon as possible for my members. Thank you.
    Dawnee
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: Navaldesign, Plz Help

For the radio buttons, you need the make the "name" the same for each group. You can't deselect a radio button (without using javascript), the simplest solution is to add an additional one called "none"

BV should have a built in php script to process the form
    This should be the tutorial you need (I'm assuming based on the title)

lastly just add a text box, tutorials 20 and 21 should have demonstrations on creating the form itself
    Video tutorials about how to create an amazing website with the BlueVoda website builder, brought to you by VodaHost web hosting.

Hope that helps

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by demuredawn View Post
      I need to know how to make it so if the user select a radio button once, it selects the item, and if they press it again, it deselcts the item.
      As Watdaflip already answered, the simplest way is to have a "none" radio button in the same group, as, once selected, radio buttons can only be diselected by selecting another one in the same group. So, in example, if you have a question in your form, with possible answers "Yes" and "No", add another one, in the same group: "None" or someting like that.

Also, for other questions, I need to know how to make it so that the user can only select one item, and if they decide to select another, it changes the selection.
      Not sure what you mean, can you please provide an example ?

I also need to know how to make it so the submit button leads the user to a thank you page, and send a email directly to me.
      This is exactly what the new BV10 does, it allows you to create the form and process it. Select the Option "Use built in Form Processor" and fill in the URL of the thankyou page that you want the user to be redirected to after sucessfull submission. Also fill in your email address so that it gets to you.

The last thing I need for my form, is to know how to enter text boxes that the user can use to type information into so that I can get more precise answers to the questions (as well as their names and emails). Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
      As Watdaflip said: click on the Text Area tool, in the Forms Toolbar (or from the main menu, Insert, Form, Text area) and place it in your form
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• demuredawn
        Second Lieutenant

• Apr 2008

Thanks.... what the problem was, was that I was using the radio buttons that were not part of the built in form processor... and it ends up being that you can select each and every radio button on the form that way, and was very aggravating. I finally read something about the built in processor and how to get to it (felt like a complete idiot) and now that problem is taken care of. Thanks
        Dawnee

Comment

Working...
        X