Multiple Survey Questions With Only 1 Submit Button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • demuredawn
    Second Lieutenant

• Apr 2008

Multiple Survey Questions With Only 1 Submit Button?

Is there anyway taht you can make a survey w/ multiple questions, and use only one submit button to send all the stuff so the user doesn't have to keep going back to the same survey? Thanks.
    Dawnee
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Multiple Survey Questions With Only 1 Submit Button?

Not sure what you mean. A survey form is either a one page form, in which case all the info is anyway sent in only one submission, or it is a Multipage Survey (if the questions are too many or need to be logically grouped in separate pages), in which case you need a multipage form.

Look in the Tips and Tricks forum for a Multipage Form Tutorial that i posted a couple of years back. However, i suggest that you first acquire some experiense with simple forms before you start trying to create a multipage form.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• demuredawn
      Second Lieutenant

• Apr 2008

What it looks like the template for surveys wants me to do... is put a submit button for each question that I make. I've been on the other end of a survey like that before.... and its no fun having to answer one question and then press your back button again to get back to the survey. So, what I was wondering, is how I can get around it wanting a submit button for each question?
      Dawnee

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

No, just create a form with all questions, and a submit button at the end of the form
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• demuredawn
          Second Lieutenant

• Apr 2008

Okay, but I guess I'm really dense, cuz I still don't understand. When I go into the form wizard, it will only let me do the form answers, and so I've been doing my questions by inserting text. However, if I do it this way, then for each question, I have to create a new form in order that the radio buttons will allow for a new answer to each question. So... I guess I'm doing that part wrong, but I don't know how to do it different?
          Dawnee

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

The wizard only has some predefined forms. As such, they can't suit all cases.

Do this: when using the wizard, select "Create a blank form so you can add controls later"

This way, once the form is in your page, you can add as many fields (of ANY type) or text you like, so you can create your form as YOU like it.

At the end of it, add a Submit button so that the user can submit the entire form.
            Navaldesign

Comment

• demuredawn
              Second Lieutenant

• Apr 2008

k, thanks.. i'll try that

i've been putting the survey section of my site on hold til someone could tell me how.... i think i can do it now, so.. we'll see, thanks again
              Dawnee

Comment

• demuredawn
                Second Lieutenant

• Apr 2008

well, i thought i knew what you were talking about, but, the only 2 options you have when you open up the wizard are:

create a form using a template

or

create a form from scratch using the wizard

so... i tried to do it from scratch... but, it looks like it's kinda the same way, you can add whatever controls you want, but there's nowhere to enter more than one question.. so it has no idea the user is answering another question if you enter all the data in... am i making sense?
                Dawnee

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Create a form from scratch is the correct option.

What do you mean "but there's nowhere to enter more than one question" ???

Simply TYPE your questions text and Add the necessary radio buttons (or other type of field) for the answeres Yes / No beside each question text.

Probably, what you mean is "How does the form know which question is being answered when a user checks a specific Radio Button?"

If this is your problem, it is quite simple: each radio button has it's own name.
                  So if you place a question like:

"What's your favourite Browser ? " the corresponding readio buttons should have the name "Prefered Browser" or something like that. EACH radio button should have also it's own VALUE, so the buttom that corresponds to Internet Explorer should have, as VALUE, "Internet Explorer", the second one (which should have the SAME group name, ""Prefered Browser" should have as value "FireFox" and so on.

If i still didn't understand, please clarify, as your post is not clear enough.

Have a look at this form: http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/productregistration.php

Import it in BlueVoda (New, From Existing Page, On the Internet) and double click the radio buttons to see how they are made / named.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

• demuredawn
                    Second Lieutenant

• Apr 2008

Okay.. I think you answered it that time. Sorry, I was having a hard time putting into words what I was thinking, but what you said is pretty much what I was meaning. Thanks
                    Dawnee

Comment

• demuredawn
                      Second Lieutenant

• Apr 2008

Yep, that answered it for me... I was just not changing the "group" for each set of answers. Told ya I'm new...

You wouldn't happen to know an easy way of adding a submit button if yu forget to originally, would you? Cuz, I can redo the whole form again, but I'd really rather not now that I figured it out. But, if need be I will. (I did redo it after you told me what I was doing wrong.. just that this time I forgot the submit button).
                      Dawnee

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

You simply click on the "Button" icon in the Forms Toolbar (or, Insert -> Form -> Push Button)

Drag the button to the form, wherever you like it, double click it to make sure it is a submit button. The same goes for a Reset button.

You can add whatever and as many button as you like after a form is inserted in your page. the only difference is that the text 8labels) need to be added as independent text. But that's not a problem anyway.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

• demuredawn
                          Second Lieutenant

• Apr 2008

Hey,

I know you gotta be getting sick of me by now, and I'm sorry...

Well, that added the button. And, I did check to make sure it was set as a submit button... and it was. But... now it gives me an error page when you press it instead of sending to my email. How do I correct this?
                          Dawnee

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Please provide a link to your form, we can't get on with this without seeing what you have done...
                            Navaldesign

Comment

• demuredawn
                              Second Lieutenant

• Apr 2008

form link is http://www.fls-riders.com/surveys/games_preferences.php
                              Dawnee

Comment

Working...
                              X