• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mavi Kus
    Sergeant

• Feb 2006

no emails recieved from form

hello AGAIN,

Thanks for your help before however I am not the cleverest when it comes to website, so help wanted once more.

I am rebuilding my website and have downloaded BV10 which is great, I have made a form with the wizard and used the built in php processor, stored the page as php, and it looks ok, redirects after I press submit but I dont recieve any emails (not in my junkmail either and have used a domain name email address).

link: http://www.2ndhometurkey.co.uk/apartmentsale002.php

Second problem, I was recieving info from my old website fine up till now, but now it seems that I am not getting any emails from my old site either anymore.

link: http://www2ndhometurkey.co.uk/contact.html

Could someone please have a look to see what I have done wrong this time :)

thank you
    Ozer

Blue Bird Homes
    "Who doesn't want to live in a sunny place"

www.2ndhometurkey.co.uk
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: no emails recieved from form

I just tried both forms (normally this would mean that you will recieve two blank emails) and your forms seem perfectly working. If you don't recieve mails, try changing the email address you use, as the problem could be with that.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Mavi Kus
      Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Hiya thanks for checking (no I didnt recieve any emails), I couldnt understand why didnt work cos I ve tried everything. I changed the email to my private hotmail address and its fine now, however this is a company website and they really need to go into the companies email: info@bluebirdhome.com . Could I be cheeky and ask you : is it possible someone blocked emails coming in from the website? Like I said it was fine before. Is there any way of changing something in the email account so the mails will come in again. I know this is not up to you, but still if you have any ideas I d be really gratefull!!!

Thank you as always!
      Ozer

Blue Bird Homes

www.2ndhometurkey.co.uk

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Go in your Control Panel and check if the mails are there. If they are, the problem could simply be at your Outlook Express (or whatever other email client you have) and not with the form itself or your ISP.

Windows often gets automatically updated, and some times, these updates affect the settings in the email client. I suggest that you setup again your outlook Express to recieve mails from your website
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Mavi Kus
          Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Hi Navaldesign,

ok I think I know where the problem lies, however still couldnt find a solution, therefor bothering you one last time (thats before I run into another problem once I have solved this one).

First let me explain:
          My website domain is 2ndhometurkey.co.uk
          I used to have a website called bluebirdhome.com (which email address I use aswell) cos someone else made this for me (cant contact them anymore) I dont have all access codes and cant convert this domain to vodahost.

Now I found the lost messages from my website: for some strange reason I get messages in my 2ndhome account (which I dont use) saying that the message is undelivered cos there is no such user (user being bluebirdhome.com). I never changed anything on my old website and messages were coming in fine, just recently nothing coming in. I recieve normal emails on my bluebird account so I do not understand why I dont get messages from my website anymore.

If this doesnt make any sence to you I understand, cos I dont know how else to explain it, just tell me that I am talking jibberish then. If you do have any ideas please share with me cos I am working on this for 2 whole days allready....
          Ozer

Blue Bird Homes

www.2ndhometurkey.co.uk

Comment

• Mavi Kus
            Sergeant

• Feb 2006

ps: in the email it says return path qtdcgvpn@voda4.vodahost.com ??
            Ozer

Blue Bird Homes

www.2ndhometurkey.co.uk

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

1. Let's start with bluebirdhome. In which email address was the form in bluebirdhome site sending to ?

2. 2ndhome form: probably this was sending the emails to the same email address (....@bluebirdhome.co.uk ) as well, and this is the reason you get the returned messages, as well for not recieiving the mails

I have a solution for the 2ndhome domain: change the email address to an email address within your account (example: info @ 2ndhome ..... )

I don't have any suggestion for bluebird: there could be a few reasons why you don't get these emails anyore. A very possible one, could be that it has exceeded the quota. If your Outlook Exprss is set to leave a copy of the message on the server, this could be the reason. You can probably find the reason by reading the returned messages, which usually contain also the reason why the mail was returned undelivered. However, if you no longer have access to this account, there is only one thing that i can suggest: change your Outlook settings so that it deletes messages from the server after it has downloaded them. Or, send their help desk a support ticket asking them to reset username and password and send you the new ones. That, of course, if you are the domain owner, or they wil not do it. Finally, you can ask them that they empty the mailbox for you.

if you are not the owner of the bluebird domain, that will be a bit hard to do....
              Navaldesign

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by Mavi Kus View Post
                ps: in the email it says return path qtdcgvpn@voda4.vodahost.com ??
                This clearly indicates that your 2ndhome form is set to send the emails to your bluebird email address, as i said in my post above.
                Navaldesign

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

If you wish use my contact form to send me your homebird email address as well as the returned messages (an entire message, with all the headers) and i will see what i can get out of it.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

• Mavi Kus
                    Sergeant

• Feb 2006

I hope I understood right, I ll send you the details through the contact form on your website. Thank you so much for you help!
                    Ozer

Blue Bird Homes

www.2ndhometurkey.co.uk

Comment

• Mavi Kus
                      Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Well I just tried that but no luck cos the system thinks I am phishing or something hahaha. I hope I didnt do something silly but I have put it down here.
                      I really dont get it. The website is 2ndhometurkey.co.uk I just redirected the bluebirdhome.com to this aswell (2 years ago) but I still use bluebird as standard email cos this is the companies name and it is less confusing than using 2 different ones. I can still get into the bluebird webmail but not the control panel (I pay for it but its not on my name and I cant get to the person who set it up for me) however the webmail is completely empty because I delete the messages from there after 2 days cos I keep them on the computer. Also I get normal emails on this bluebird account, just the inforequests from the website dont get on it.
                      I tried setting up 2ndhometurkey.co.uk in windows live (what I use as email program) but couldnt get it to work (yes I am blond). If you cant understand what is going wrong I ll just try it again.

Thanks so much for all your efforts to help!
                      ------------------------------------------------------
                      This email is on my webmail 2ndhometurkey account:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
                      recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

info@bluebirdhome.com
                      No Such User Here

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <qtdcgvpn@voda4.vodahost.com>
                      Received: from qtdcgvpn by voda4.vodahost.com with local (Exim 4.6
                      (envelope-from <qtdcgvpn@voda4.vodahost.com>)
                      id 1Jyob5-0001iT-QH
                      for info@bluebirdhome.com; Wed, 21 May 2008 08:43:30 -0500
                      To: info@bluebirdhome.com
                      Subject: Comment
                      X-PHP-Script: www.2ndhometurkey.co.uk/contact.php for 88.xxx.xxx.100
                      Message-Id: <E1Jyob5-0001iT-QH@voda4.vodahost.com>
                      Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 08:43:15 -0500

Values submitted from web site form:
                      name : echo
                      email : blah********.com
                      telephone : Submit : Send
                      Ozer

Blue Bird Homes

www.2ndhometurkey.co.uk

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

It is clear that there is some problem with your bluebird account, as their server dosn't accept the mails, repluing "No such user here!.

Submit a support ticket to them asking to find out what is going on. Attach the returned message for their information.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

• Mavi Kus
                          Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Thank you so much for all your help, I dont know what happend but it seems to be fine. I got about 200 messages in this morning! Hopefully the problem is solved completely.

Thanks again
                          Ozer

Blue Bird Homes

www.2ndhometurkey.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X