• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carlosarano
    Sergeant Major

• Jun 2007

Problems in installing Form Maker Pro

I do npt understand some instructions. Please, let me know more information.
    I just did, I believe, until point #3.
    Now, point #4 confuses me:

<<<4.</SPAN> chmod the the entire fmp folder to 755 unless you are on the voda2 sever IP 70.86.30.66 you will chmod the the entire fmp folder to to 777>>>

What I should do? And HOW?
    After that:
    Where is located "install.php"?

5.</SPAN> Run "install.php" with your web browser. Example >>>. http://www.YourDomain.com/fmp/install.php

I will appreciate your help.

</SPAN> </SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>
    Carlos-Arano.com.ar
  • carlosarano
    Sergeant Major

• Jun 2007

Re: Problems in installing Form Maker Pro

Gentllemen:
    Originally posted by carlosarano View Post
    I do npt understand some instructions. Please, let me know more information.
    I just did, I believe, until point #3.
    Now, point #4 confuses me:

<<<4.</SPAN> chmod the the entire fmp folder to 755 unless you are on the voda2 sever IP 70.86.30.66 you will chmod the the entire fmp folder to to 777>>>

What I should do? And HOW?
    After that:
    Where is located "install.php"?

5.</SPAN> Run "install.php" with your web browser. Example >>>. http://www.YourDomain.com/fmp/install.php

Which is the procedure to find and change the PERMISSIONS from 644 to 755 ?
    Could it be explained in easily way? I was reading several pages on chmod and I couldn't find in any of them.
    I'm not an expert in the computer secrets !!!!!!

I will appreciate your help.

carlosarano

</SPAN> </SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>
    Carlos-Arano.com.ar

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Connect to your site with FTP.
      Right Click on the fmp folder, and from the menu that opens, select "Permissions" (or "Properties", its the same). The current permissions should appear, they should be 755 already.

Please don't confuse the folder with files, you ONLY need to change the folder permissions. The files should remain 644 as they are.

Please also note that in MOST cases you don't need to do anything, permissions should ALREADY be the correct 755
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• carlosarano
        Sergeant Major

• Jun 2007

Dear navaldesign:
        I followed your recommendations. They were OK until I selected Properties. There I found three possibilities: General, Compart and Personalize. In any of them I found neither 755 nor other number.
        What I have to do?
        Regards,
        Carlos
        Carlos-Arano.com.ar

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Not sure what you are talking about. Connect to your site with BlueFTP. It is built in BlueVoda.
          Right clik the folder where you installed FMP and select Properties. When the properties dialog box opens, you will see "Permissions". Set permissions to 755 (if it is not already 755)
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• carlosarano
            Sergeant Major

• Jun 2007

Hi Navaldesign:
            Excuse me again. Maybe I am not understanding you.
            I will explain what I did:
            1.- I opened my INDEX page in BlueVoda
            2.- I went to TOOLS > FTP Manager
            3.- Opened BLUEFTP - The LEFT side with all my files and folders in my BlueVoda folder. The RIGTH side empty.
            4.- I clicked CONNECT and CONNECT again in the new label (having my ID and Password in it).
            5.- At the RIGHT side appeared now:
            FTP://75.126.249.184/public.html
            and TWO FOLDERS (zipfiles and cgi.bin) and a lots of files, pictures, etc. corresponding to my site.
            6.- In the LEFT SIDE I have the fmp folder. By right clicking in it I open a new label. The last issue is PROPERTIES ( is it the same as PERMISSIONS? ). I open it to have THREE FLAPS: General, Share and Personalize. I did not find the 755 number in any of them.
            I believe I'm making some mixtake during one of these 6 steps, but I do not know where.
            Please help me!!!!
            Carlos
            Carlos-Arano.com.ar

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

At step 5, there should appear also the FMP folder. Leave alone the left side, that's your computer content.
              If the FMP folder dosn't appear in the right side, there are two possible explanations: either the FMP folder doesn't exist (which means that ou have not uploaded the FMP files correctly, or you have uploaded in your public_html folder, instead of a folder of it's own) OR your site has so many files uploaded, that it will not display the FMP folder. This is normal, as FTP truncates the nr of files it displays.

As i said, leave the left part alone.

Now, if, as i believe, the FMP folder doesn't appear because there are too many files in your site, your ONLY other possibility is to connect through your Control pANEL, File Manager, browse your site and find the FMP folder. At that point, depending on your CP version (old or new) you need to follow different steps.

Or, use my contact form to send me your login details and i will do it for you.
              Navaldesign

Comment

• carlosarano
                Sergeant Major

• Jun 2007

Thank you again, Navaldesign:
                I just followed your instructions.
                "Now, if, as i believe, the FMP folder doesn't appear because there are too many files in your site,"
                It seems to me you are correct!!!. I have more than 600 files in my site.
                I tryed to
                "your ONLY other possibility is to connect through your Control pANEL"
                but I couldn't, because I was unable to find how to do it.
                My site is
                www.carlos-arano.com.ar
                and it has 26 different pages.
                My site is at xxxxxxxxxx
                BlueVoda username is ??????? and my password is ???????I believe this is the information you required.
                Regards,
                Carlos
                Carlos-Arano.com.ar

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Never, Never, Never again post your login details on the forum OR ANYWHERE ELSE!!!

I will change your FMP folder permissions right now, then PLEASE immediately go in your Control Panel And CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD!!!!!!
                  Navaldesign

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

O, here is the problem: you did not upload the fmp files, youuploaded the zip just as you downloaded it, and, further more, you placed it in what you call "zipfiles" folder.

The files SHOULD have been extracted from the zip in your computer, then you should have uploaded the "fmp" folder on your site. This would allow you to go on.

I did it for you.

Please proceed to the rest: change your password (for security reasons) and then create the necessary database, the database user, grant this user the necessary ALL permissions, and ONLY at that point you can proceed to installation.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

• carlosarano
                      Sergeant Major

• Jun 2007

GREAT !!!
                      Finally, with your help, I did it.
                      Now I will search for tutorials to learn to use it.
                      THANK YOU A LOT.
                      Carlos
                      Carlos-Arano.com.ar

Comment

Working...
                      X