• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevin_arnold
    Private

• May 2008

Using forms to automatically create database/mailing list

Hi, could anyone tell me how to use the forms on my website to capture the information to a database. I know I could do it manually but I'm sure there would be an easier way.

Please help!

Vishal
    www.onzenterprise.com
  • kevin_arnold
    Private

• May 2008

Re: Using forms to automatically create database/mailing list

I also have problems in my forms. The tab key doesn't work properly in the forms. Instead of going to the next consecutive field, the cursor jumps randomly to other fields. What am I doing wrong?

Vishal
    www.onzenterprise.com

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Tab order:

In BV, right click the first field, and from the menu that appears, selevt "Bring to front". Repeat for all the fields, in the order you want them. Save, Publish, and Refresh your browser before testing.

Database: you need to use a specific script for this. ABVFP is such a script that will do it automatically for you. HAve a look at Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• deanjg
        Private

• Jun 2008

Hi,

I used a web-hosted database service to solve this need for a client of mine. I don't know database programming and my client didn't want to buy any new software.

The service I used is called www.HostedDatabase.com and it is subscription based. It worked out very well for me because I didn't need to do any server programming in PHP.

Good luck!

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

With $19/user plus $4.95 for storage = $24/month, i doubt this could be a convenient solution for long term needs.

But that's only my opinion.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X