Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't Believe I need help with 4th form!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Believe I need help with 4th form!

Well, after building 3 successful forms, (OK, I had a little help from Naval on the 3rd one...capitalization error!), I thought sure I would have no more problems! WRONG! The really weird part is that this 4th form is an exact copy of the 3rd one, except for color!

In fact, I copied the 3rd form over to the 4th form's page and then changed the coloring and reset all the "editbox" properties. The actual form did not copy over, just the editboxes, shape around the form area and the Submit button.

I then inserted a new form into the shape area and sent "to back" so the other elements would be out on the front. Then, I set the form properties.

Then I went to ABVFP and set up this form. I have compared every setting in both the form and ABVFP form setup, to make them exactly alike except for the domain name and names of the thank you & error pages.

Now, when I submit the form; it sends me an email to my business email acct., BUT...the only data I get is the subject, header & footer! None of the editbox data comes to me???

Anyone have any ideas what I have done wrong OR haven't done?

Sorry it's so long but wanted to give as much info as possible.

Re: Can't Believe I need help with 4th form!

url to bad form: http://www.bathsetsplus.com/bsppolicies.html

Comment

OK folks.....I fixed my problem! I deleted the form and rebuilt it from scratch. I think I learned that you don't want to "copy" a form from one site to add to the other, (even tho' it's identical)!!

Hope no one is working on this problem.....hate to have them wasting their time!

Comment

The problem was that by inserting a form and sending it to Back, the fields NEVER became part of it, that's why you didn't recieve any values.

You CAN copy entire forms and paste them. The only problem could be that radio buttons and Checkboxes some times "loose" their names.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks, Naval
          Sorry to waste your time! I did originally copy, (using the copy tool), the entire form and fields; but when I pasted it, (using the paste tool), it didn't bring the form element with it. I assumed, (maybe incorrectly), that the form element couldn't be copied!

Anyway, now I know what to lookout for! There's always a little more room in the brain for knowledge!

Comment

Working...
          X