• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • creativetouchescanada
    Staff Sergeant

• Aug 2007

None Of My Pages Are Being Republished

I have just installed BV10...

problem1 -- my pages changed pages are not being updated, it says republished sucessfull but it does not change online.

problem2-- one of my pages has dissappeared..... http://www.creativetouchescanada.com/contact.html

problem3-- the form (which was the first prob that started the others) does not e-mail to me i get my ty page but e-mail.

I am very frustrated because i spent all last night looking at threads and re watching tutorials and can not get anything to work...

Thank-you for any help you can give me
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: None Of My Pages Are Being Republished

Hi, hard to say what your page updates are without knowing what they were like before???????????
    On the contact page you have it as a php extension & html in your link.

2 out of 3 might help. lol
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• creativetouchescanada
      Staff Sergeant

• Aug 2007

ok do not know who the extention was changed but ty that is good and is now republished but with script on the top

Comment

• creativetouchescanada
        Staff Sergeant

• Aug 2007

ok got ride of the form and the script is gone too

I am going to republish the pages without the form to get site back in order .....then i will worry about the form

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Do NOT get rid of the form.

When you use the Built In Form Processor for your forms, the page MUST be published as php (because the built in processor is php, so the page needs to be published as php for it to work). If you publish it as html, the result will be that the code of the processor will appear on top of the page, and the form itself will NOT work.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• creativetouchescanada
            Staff Sergeant

• Aug 2007

ok I am sorry but i am not understanding....

when i built the page originally in BV9 my contact page was www.creativetouchescanada.com/contact.html I then had a little form to just collect-mail addresses for our mailing list.... and it worked fine...all of a sudden i stopped receiving e-mails them , i then installed BV10 and now i am confused..... now i have to rename the page php? and then change all the links on each page to go to a php??? My home page has this form on it , i can not name my home page php

is there not an easier way to just collect e-mails?

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

1. I can't know why your old form stopped sending emails.
              2. With BV10, you can process your form in two ways:
              a. Through an external script, as you were doing with your old for. In that case, a piece of php code had to be embedded in your "Thnak you" (or action) page.
              b. The new way: BV 10 will embed AUTOMATICALLY the necessary php code, not in the thank you page anymore, but in the Form page itself. You CAN'T see this code whilst you are in BV, it is embedded at the moment of publishing. This new code is by FAR better than the old script used up to BV9. However, the form page now needs to be PUBLISHED as php.
              You don't save it as php, you save it simply with it's name (contact) BUT you need to go to Page Properties, and set the Extension of the Page when published to be php instead of html.

Also, your Thank you page now becomes a simple page with a thank you message, there is no need for it to have any code in it, NOR it needs anymore to be php.

As you see, things have been inverted: in the past the form page could be html but the thankyou page needed to be php, now it is all the other way round: the form page MUST be published as php, the thank you page can be html .

And YES, you CAN publish (not rename) your index page as php, but you also need to go to connect to your site with FTP or File manager, and DELETE the index.html file from the site, or it will prevail over the new, php one.

if your menus had the homepage link simply as http://www.yoursite.com then you need not touch your menus, if, instead , your homepage in your menus was provided as http://www.yourdomain.com/index.html , then you should change the menus to have http://www.yourdomain.com/ . No need at all to add the "index.php" at the end.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• creativetouchescanada
                Staff Sergeant

• Aug 2007

ok i did this a different way.....

Where i once had a old form to collect e-mail i now just put a link to a page called http://www.creativetouchescanada.com/mailing.php

it is working fine phew THANK-YOU it is not easy sometimes to understand all this

but my order form still does not work...should i redo it or can i still find the old code to make it work?

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

And where is your order form ?
                  Navaldesign

Comment

• creativetouchescanada
                    Staff Sergeant

• Aug 2007

ok i think i fixed it... it e-mails me now but it says unknown sender, is that because i sent it myself?

thank-you page

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Open the retailorder page in your BV10.12 (the last version, make sure)
                      Double click the order form. Check the "Use built in Form Processor" checkbox. Type your Email address and the thank you page and error page URLs. Thank you page and error pages are SIMPLE pages, one with a thank you message, the other with an error message, nothing more.
                      Save, Publish, and refresh your browser before testing.
                      If you do the above, change the link to your Order page in the wholesale1.html page to be retailorder.php because the reatailorder page, at this point, MUST be published as php.

You can also use the old "action" page as thank you page, but remove the php code from it, IF you have any in there.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

• creativetouchescanada
                        Staff Sergeant

• Aug 2007

ty for your help much appreciated, i can relax now

Comment

Working...
                        X