• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jan Vink
    Corporal

• Nov 2007

Contact form not working

Domain name: www.preachinggodsword.org

I downloaded BV 10:1 and constructed a contact form using a template from the form wizard. I cannot get my contact form to work. Nothing happens whatsoever when I select the "Submit" button. I do not know what I am doing wrong. Can somebody help me.
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Contact form not working

Both the submit and the reset buttons are outside the form limits, and that's why they dont work.
    Move them down. Then stretch the form area down as necessary. Move again the buttons up, inside it's boundaries, until they become part of the form. You will know because the form outline become bluish to show that an element has become part of the form.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Jan Vink
      Corporal

• Nov 2007

Thank you - its working!!

Comment

• nafta
        Private First Class

• Mar 2008

Hi,

after a lot of searching for old form tutorial I have given in and have downloaded bv10.

I have followed the tutorials however my forms still do not work and nt only that but my contact page comes up a some coding at the top.

can someone help? I need to finish with it so i can make a start..some people have been sending messages through this page but i am not receiving them and now that i have uses bv10 the page is even worse

Thanks kindly

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

nafta,
          youneed to look better.
          I have already replied and provided the old code and instructions.
          However, if youhave used BV10, it is much better. Please note that the code appears on top becuse youhave published the page as html, instead of PHP as it is clearly stated.

Change, in Page Properties, the extension to be php. Save and publish, then test the NEW page . Change your menus to point to the new, php page.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• nafta
            Private First Class

• Mar 2008

Dear Navaldesign,

Thank you for your answers and most of all patience! I will try and do what you say. Thank you very much!!

Comment

• nafta
              Private First Class

• Mar 2008

Oh, and can you explain what you mean by "pointing the menus to the php "....sorry i am new to all this and I very much appreciate your help!

Thanks again!!

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

I can see your new contact page, in

In your menus, the links in the menu buttons for the contact page were "contact.html" . Since now the page is php, your buttons need to be edited in "contact.php"
                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                X