Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Error

Hi All,

I've created a form and the following message is displayed.

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel.

Any ideas would be greatly received.

Many thanks

www.clearpro.co.uk
    www.clearpro.co.uk

Re: Form Error

Anybody ?
    www.clearpro.co.uk

Comment

You are trying to preview ?

This is a typical Windows message when you try to view (open) a file and Windows doesn't find an associated program. That's because when you add a form, the form is php and Windows usually doesn't have an associated software for php files.

Publish your form to check it online.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi and thanks for your response.

I have published the form. I've had various sources fill out the form, no problem. I receive an email, no problem. It just wont let me open the attachment. That's when I receive a box with a red cross saying.
        This file does not have a program associated with it etc etc.

Kind Regards
        www.clearpro.co.uk

Comment

Not sure whatyou mean by "attachment". The embedded Form Proccessor doesn't dend any attachment.

if you recieve an attachment, it is probably .att type, and it is because you have set your form action to "mailto" .

Use the Embedded Form Processor, (check the box that says so) and set the form encoding type to "multipart / form data"

You will recieve the form info as plain text
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi again,

Ref the attachment. In Outlook Express when you are in your inbox. Under the heading subject there is another box 'Attach'. Its this box I need to open to gain the information. In the Attach box I have the wording POSTDATA.ATT.
            As soon as I click this, this is when the error message appears.

Kind Regards
            www.clearpro.co.uk

Comment

No, as i said in my previous post, this is the consequense of the fact thatyou have set your Form "action" to be "mailto....(follows your email address).

Tick the box: Use Built in Form Processor and the action will be automatically set correctly.

Please also note that when you do so, the form page needs to be published as php (Page Properties, Set the extension, when Published, to php)

Accordingly, your menus, should contain the link to the contact page as

http://www.clearpro.co.uk/contactus.php instead of http://www.clearpro.co.uk/contactus.html
              Navaldesign

Comment

navaldesign,

Many thanks for your patience.
                I've now downloaded version.10.12 (i was working from Bv. I've created a form from scratch using form wizard
                Now I have error 404 after I submit. Yet I still receive the enquiry perfectly. Could you have a look please to see what I'm doing wrong.

Kind regards

www.clearpro.co.uk
                www.clearpro.co.uk

Comment

The ONLY possible reason is that the script can't find your Thank you page (which, with the new form wizard, can be a simple html page).

Make sure that you have created / published / correctly provided the FULL Url (http://www......) of your thank you page, in the Form wizard.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you naval,

It's all sorted now.

You have the patience of a Saint. Well done and many thanks.
                    www.clearpro.co.uk

Comment

You are very welcome
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Hello, can someone help me with this Error message, "Illegal Form Submission". I have just finished download ABVFP and installed it in the ABVFP directory. I did follow the installation instruction as it is shown in the WORD DOC File. As I execute the file "contactform.html" and begin to filling in the field spaces, when I submit the form I get the message above. Can someone show me what I did wrong???? thank you.

Comment

This is a typical error thatyou get when the page where you have the form, and the URL of the form as provided in the ABVFP control panel are not the same. Usually one of the two has the www and the other one dosn't, or the same but with the http:// missing .

Check it.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                          X