Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search form doesn't work

Hi,

Using Form Wizard I have created Site Search Google successfully. Let say I have two pages www.website.com/page1.php and www.website.com/page2.php which have this Search form. Using the form on the first page I typed some word or phrase which is on the second page (www.website.com/page2.php) but result is the first page just reloads without any error messages and doesn't show me the word I tried to search on the second page. Please help

Re: Search form doesn't work

The ggogle search form will simply send the user to google, for results for the searched word. It will NOT serach your site for results.

Did you change the action of the form? The Google search form should send the user to Google, not reload your page
    If you have set a Google Site Search form, you should first have set up the site search with Google.

Can you post here the form URL so we can have a look ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you for your reply

And what kind of form should I use to make it possible to find necessary word from my web site and its pages. What should I set in its form properties?

Here you can look http://www.allacronis.com/step-by-step.php
      In properties of this form I haven't changed anything.

The site is under construction so most tabs are not working.

Comment

First, you need to go to Google (or Yahoo or whatever other SE you like) and setup your site search with them. Then you need to embed the form in your website.

Have a look at http://www.google.com/coop/cse/

Of course, there are others like http://www.freefind.com/

Have a look at these links, and see what is best for you.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for your speedy response and for your helpful advise. I have created Search box through Google, get code, tested it and everything looks to be working.

What I do not understand is how to insert this code in my own Google form which I created with the program

Comment

recreate the form with the form wizard from scratch
            Leave action and Method as the wizard sets them.While creating it, you will see the fields. Double click the twi hidden fields, and replace the "Value" (NOT the name) with your own domain. Look at the code you got from Google, you will see how that is made. Or, use directly Googles code, by pasting it in a html box. It will create the form in your page.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
            X