X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form problems -

hey.
    on my web site www.firstdatebible.com I have 3 different forms:

a. A newsletter registry form on each page on the left. click here to see it.
    b. A contact us form. click here
    c. Send us files from. click here

my problem is this:

form A - once you press send you don't get to the success page although it is configured inside the form. The form comes out ok to my E-mail.

forms B and C - once you submit everything is ok but when I receive my E-mail I cant see any of the details that were written inside the form - I get a blank E mail (I am using outlook 2007) - except for the subject line which is ok.

what can i do ?

Re: Form problems -

Contactus and sendusmaterial have wrong encodingtype: needs to be multipart/form data . Change it, save publish. Refresh your browser before testing

I couldn't find your Newsletter form. ???

Anyway, if it works, it is simply a question of misstyping the thank you page URL.
    A typical error of many users: typing the URL in the form wizard as www.yourdomain.com/thankyoupage.html . DON'T do that. Type it either as http://www.yourdomain.com/thankyoupage.html or simply thankyoupage.html
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Its worked, thanks a lot !
      I removed the newsletter form so I don't need it anymore.
      Why do I need to change the encodingtype to multipart / form data and not leave it at the default ?

Comment

because php processors need multipart / form data when you have upload fields
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

but the contact us doesn't have an upload fields - only text

Comment

The default is www/url encoded. You had used text/plain. Multipart/form data will work for both cases.

Explaining why one method works and the other not, exceeds the scope of this forum and is too technical. Just follow my instructions and you will be ok.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
            X