• Show
Clear All
  • carlosarano
    Sergeant Major

• Jun 2007

Re: ABVFP-my problem with first form to be filled

Dear Naval Design:
    Fine !!!!
    Now I have that folder. Thank you very much.
    To me, it is time to continue with the rest of the job. Thank you again.
    Regards,
    Carlos
    Carlos-Arano.com.ar

Comment

• carlosarano
      Sergeant Major

• Jun 2007

Re: ABVFP-my problem with first form to be filled

Dear Navaldesign:
      Now I'm having everything on stream. My page: www.carlos-arano.com.ar/contactform.php is working. However I couldn't solve 3 problems:
      1.- This is my Form ID Number 3, Formid 3. I have there a red (white numbers) edit box. It should be filled with 10 digits (neither more, nor less than such amount). I am pretending to have an error message if somebody write less or more than 10 digits. I tryed many things under validation without success. How to do it?
      2.- I need a second form, also contact form. This is my Form ID Number 4, Formid 4. I did it same as the other before. Only a change in my email header, a different one. Downloading it, I am getting ID 3, Formid 2. I was unable to change the ID but I change without problems Formid 2 by Formid 4. Is it OK to have ID 3, Formid 4? It will reflect the new email header when published?
      Best regards
      Carlos
      Carlos-Arano.com.ar

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: ABVFP Question

1. Use BV's built in validation to get the result you want. Double click the field, Validate, make it Number, the Data rEQUIRED, MINIMUM 10, MAXIMUM 10.

2.Not sure what you mean "Downloading it, I am getting ID 3, Formid 2."
        And what is that "ID 3, Formid 2 " ? nWhich ID is this ? Please clarify.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• carlosarano
          Sergeant Major

• Jun 2007

• Use BV's built in validation to get the result you want. Double click the field, Validate, make it Number, the Data rEQUIRED, MINIMUM 10, MAXIMUM 10.

Lets see: I followed your advice: “Data type = NUMBER” ; “Custom error message = v” ; “Data required = v” ; “Minimum = 10” ; “Maximum = 10” . In “Decimal” “Period” is already marked. The page is in the web now: www.carlos-arano.com.ar/contactform.php . In testing it I was able to write any number of digits (I tried 6 and also 9 digits) without error message. Why?
          I we can solve it will be OK. If not, do not worry too much. This is a minor problem to me.

2. Not sure what you mean "Downloading it, I am getting ID 3, Formid 2."
          And what is that "ID 3, Formid 2 " ? nWhich ID is this ? Please clarify.

Lets see. Like I said in my Post #17, I need a second form with a small change in it respecting the previous one. The only change to be done should be in the email header. How I did it? Well, I went to the “ABVFP Administrator>logged in it>Steep 1>Configurate a new form starting from existing one>Steep 2 (I selected Form 3)>Form details>Configuring Form Number 4>I changed message in email header>Memorize settings
          After that, I download the ZIP (to my undersanding, it should be a NEW ZIP). But, when working with it, I realized that it wasn’t.
          <form name="Test Contact Form" method="POST" action="dbts_abvfp.php" enctype="multipart/form-data" id="Form3" onsubmit="return ValidateTest Contact Form(this)">
          <input type="hidden" name="Formid" value="2">
          At the html I was unable to change id=”Form3” by Form4; but I was able to change “Formid” value=”2” by 4.
          It is clear now? What I am doing wrong?
          Carlos-Arano.com.ar

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

1. Because your form name is "Test Contact Form" , the whitespaces break the validation Javascript. Name your Form: Test_contact_form or Testcontactform, in other words, without whitespaces.

2. Double click the form, select "Hidden Fields", select the hidden filed named "Formid" and change its value to 4.
            There is no need to change the id = "Form3" to id= "Form 4".
            It is the "Formid" hidden field that you need to change as explained.

I don't recall ever mentioning downloading the zip again, why should you ever do that ??
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• carlosarano
              Sergeant Major

• Jun 2007

Dear Naval Design:
              With your advice, I did important improvements. But I'm still having one problem. My customers get an "Illegal form submission" when they try to use the forms.
              I did many changes, but without results. My page is www.carlos-arano.co.ar/contactform.php
              Please help me.
              Carlos-Arano.com.ar

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

The ONLY reason why you should be getting such a message is that the form URL, as given in your Menus, is different from what is typed as form URL in the ABVFP Control Panel.

Might be a missing http:// or a missing www. or viceversa.
                Or it might be a mistyping.

However, i DID try your form, and everything seemed to work just fine.

If you still have problems, please ask your client ( s ) to explain exactly how we can reproduce the problem.

ANOTHER POSSIBLE EXPLANATION: since you have the same page also in html version, it is possible that somewhere you have forgotten, in your menus or links, the link to the html version of the page instead of the php one. In that case ABVFP rejects the submission with the above error message.
                Navaldesign

Comment

• carlosarano
                  Sergeant Major

• Jun 2007

Thank you Naval Design. I will be checking everything you told me.
                  Regards,
                  Carlos
                  Carlos-Arano.com.ar

Comment

• carlosarano
                    Sergeant Major

• Jun 2007

Like I told you in my previous one, last night I was checking everything. I didn't find nothing yet. However I have a question. Lets see:
                    I have done TWO DIFFERENT FORMIDS (Formid 3 and Formid 4)
                    By using those I HAVE FOUR DIFFERENT FORMS.
                    Under Formid 3 two of them http://www.carlos-arano.com.ar/contactform.php and http://www.carlos-arano.com.ar/contactform_2.php .
                    Under Formid 4 the other two: http://www.carlos-arano.com.ar/cursoar.php and http://www.carlos-arano.com.ar/contact.php
                    Only the first one (http://www.carlos-arano.com.ar/contactform.php) is working OK - it is the one that you tryed during your last answer to me).
                    Did I something wrong by issueing too many forms?
                    Carlos-Arano.com.ar

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

ABVFP performs a referer check (controls from WHICH url the submission takes place) to protect you from spammers that would try to use your form processor to send spam. For this reason, EACH form must have it's own Formid number, and MUST be setup separately in the ABVFP control panel.

So, the one that has it's URL ok in the ABVFP control panel, will work ok, the other one will not.

Setup each form separately, each with it's own Formid.

ABVFP allows you to do this quickly: when you setup a new form, which has all the other settings equal to a form that is already setup, select (in Step 1 : Select what you want to do ) the option " Configurate a new form starting from existing one " . Select the form that you want to use as template, and proceed. The only difference between the two will be the new Formid that ABVFP will display for you. Use that Formid in the new form
                      Navaldesign

Comment

• carlosarano
                        Sergeant Major

• Jun 2007

Dear George:
                        It seems to me that is OK now. I did as you said and I correction was Xcellent. I believe your last explanation to me should be inserted in the ABVFP Tutorial. It was really clear and precise.
                        Thank a lot.
                        Regards,
                        Carlos
                        Carlos-Arano.com.ar

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Carlos, ABVFP is NOT about multipage forms. Multipage forms can be created in many different ways, ABVFP treats ONLY the last form (which has recieved the info from the other ones) as a normal form.

In the ABVFP Tutorial, it is clearly stated that each form MUST be setup in the ABVFP control panel, with it's own Formid AND it's own real URL. So i don't really see what needs to be added.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

• Jean le Roux
                            Private First Class

• Mar 2007

Hi Naval

Do you have to have a server to run ABVFP?

Or can you run it from your personal coputer as well?

Jean

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

ABVFP requires php/MySQL.

As such it can run either on a server or on a PC that has Apache/php/MySQL installed.

However, whilst a hosting server also has a mailserver attached, usually PC's don't (unless you install it). To use ABVFP to send mails from your Home PC you need also to have a domain pointed in your Home PC (that is, your site must also be hosted on your PC)
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X