• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gardenshuttle
    Corporal

• Oct 2008

Form - Multiple Pages - Page 1 & 2 not submitting

Hi Navaldesign,

Thank you for your reply. As per your request, I'm posting again.

As explained before, page 1 & page 2 does not send the information to page 3.

Page 3 works perfect - the ABVFP form - no problem there, the information comes through exactly the way I've entered the fields.

Links to screenshots included below.

Please note booking form page 1 has been published merely to generate the link for this posting as bookingform_page1a.php - [though the screen shot will show page1.php - reason being I had to rename it while waiting for an answer otherwise I had to re do all other website pages as the website went live a few days ago already with a single form where I would've used the multiple forms.

Here are the links to the pages

http://www.lady*****consultants.net/...orm_page1a.php

http://www.lady*****consultants.net/...form_page2.php

http://www.lady*****consultants.net/...form_page3.php

http://www.lady*****consultants.net/...erties%201.jpg

http://http://www.lady*****consultan...erties%202.jpg

Awaiting your reply soonest.

Thank you
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Form - Multiple Pages - Page 1 & 2 not submitting

I could NOT find, anywhere in your page 2 and page 3, the CODE that should be receiving the data from the previous page. This explains why you onlu receive the info from the last page.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• gardenshuttle
      Corporal

• Oct 2008

Thank you for your reply - much appreciated.

Started out putting screenshots together for you again and then noticed something while working through each bit of detail - the action required on page 1 & 2 - I had it as bookingformpage1.php instead of bookingform_page2.php.

I've done the code and everything else correctly, it was just the action required which was wrong and that's why it didn't pick up the info of the page 1 and page 2

Give me a medal, I've won the multiple page forms - it's working perfect I'm over the moon - I'm so glad I've managed to get these multiple page forms right, you don't understand how badly I needed them.

Will just drop you a note when I'm done and perhaps an example of what my the info received looks like. You will be proud of me in the end.

Don't get too happy - you're not rid of me yet, I've got a very difficult page which I must get to work as well, totally different from multipage form. Will let you have the info maybe later today, I need some serious advise on it, and you will be able to advise me on how to go about it.

I want to do something for you in return, but I'll send you an e-mail of what I have in mind. I've got all the screenshots and it can be used to the benefit of all - but I'll mail you on it.

Till later - and thanks for all your patience with me and your help, it's really appreciated!

Comment

• gardenshuttle
        Corporal

• Oct 2008

Hi Naval,

I ran into one problem now. The 3 forms are working perfectly.

However, Page 1 and page 2 does not take the RB[] extensions for the combo boxes.

If I add the extension i.e - Arrival Date-RB[] - then page 1 & page 2 information comes through as follow:
        Arrival Date = Array
        Arrive Month = Array
        Arrival Year = Array
        Arrival Time = Array
        etc.etc.

I have tried page 1 & page 2 without any extension whatsoever - then the information comes through as follow:
        Arrival Date = 1
        Arrive Month = Jan
        Arrival Year = 2008
        Arrival Time = 1
        Arrival Time Min = 00
        Arrive = AM
        Arrival Airline = Kulula

The problem now is, that without any extension if the user does not make a selection there is no error registered that send them back to correct and make a selection.

Other extensions I've tried to get the information through is i.e:
        arrival-R
        arrival-R[]
        arrival[]
        arrival-[]

The moment I add any kind of extension the information comes through as array.

Users have to make a selection, if they make no selection then the information can not be used and what's more worrying is the fact that if a selection is not made then there is no error message [with extensions the error message do come up if a selection has not been made, and if the selection is correcthed then information comes through as array]

Now what?

I thought I was done, and so glad about it, but tuned out there is still one minor hick up.

Please let me know.
        Thx

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

You are wrong: the -R extension DOES work. The [] should be avoided because it says to the browser that the submitted value is an array. It should ONLy be used for multiple choice listboxes.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• gardenshuttle
            Corporal

• Oct 2008

Thank you.

Will change to -R extension immediately on the combo boxes as that is which is giving the problem.

Thx

Comment

Working...
            X