• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darklight
    Brigadier General

• Jul 2006

Question..

Okay, so this may not be related to bluevoda.. but I have a question.. Doing a course on webdesign and for some reason, I just cannot answer this question. Its about forms.. okay.. so working in dreamweaver.. but figured its really a universal question..

This is the question:

What are the two types of information processing that are employed in the use of forms and scripts

This is the clue i was given.. lol:

There are two things or two elements to feedback form activation. One Local, one Remote

Any help will be ace
    Thanks
  • Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Question..

hmmm, I think George might be the best one to answer this...

But my guess (and it is purely a guess) is the receiving of the data and the sending of it? I dunno...
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• darklight
      Brigadier General

• Jul 2006

Ahhh no idea lol.. just want to get this bloody done with lol.
      Thanks for the help!

Comment

• Marincky
        General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by darklight View Post
        Ahhh no idea lol.. just want to get this bloody done with lol.
        Thanks for the help!
        You can thank me if it's right.... but I doubt it lol
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• darklight
          Brigadier General

• Jul 2006

lol.. Im too scared to submit anything right now just incase its wrong haha.. its already a second chance haha

Comment

• Marincky
            General

• Apr 2006

lol.. Im too scared to submit anything right now just incase its wrong haha.. its already a second chance haha
            LOL, well definitely don't submit my answer then!

Comment

• darklight
              Brigadier General

• Jul 2006

Doh! lol. So close...... yet so far.... lol

Comment

• Karen Mac
                General

• Apr 2006

One is a Form Handler: IE: A script to HANDLE THE FORM or as in the tutorials before we had the wizard.. action.php,

Action php resided on your server(local)
                The form wizard handles the script elsewhere, you just refer to it (remote)

Second is the action that it performs: email or database, which is remote, in my opinion

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Marincky
                  General

• Apr 2006

Teri,

I have spoken with George, and he believes that because there could be several answers to this question (it's open to debate on what exactly it is asking) that it more than likely makes reference to something that you should have been taught during the course.

So the answer to your question is... that it's unanswerable by anyone not having gone through whatever you have been taught I'm afraid.

Comment

• navaldesign
                    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• darklight
                      Brigadier General

• Jul 2006

Thanks for the help Karen. The penny still hasnt dropped yet. So not sure if thats what im looking for.

Marincky - Thank you too. We basically went through how to create a contact form in dreamweaver. Thats really all I know lol. This last question is all I need to answer to finish the course.. well.. then comes the actual building of the site but yeah. ahhhh gr. no problem. Thank you all for the help and fast response! Appreciate that!

Comment

• Marincky
                        General

• Apr 2006

Thanks for the help Karen. The penny still hasnt dropped yet. So not sure if thats what im looking for.

Marincky - Thank you too. We basically went through how to create a contact form in dreamweaver. Thats really all I know lol. This last question is all I need to answer to finish the course.. well.. then comes the actual building of the site but yeah. ahhhh gr. no problem. Thank you all for the help and fast response! Appreciate that!
                        Just make sure when you DO find out the answer you come back and tell us!!!

Comment

• darklight
                          Brigadier General

• Jul 2006

lol I will. Just going to give up and resend it lol. Thanks again

Comment

• navaldesign
                            General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

It is probable that the answers is: encoding (local) and submitting (remote).
                            However, it clearly makes reference to something that is containd in your course book (text)
                            Navaldesign
                            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• darklight
                              Brigadier General

• Jul 2006

Thank you for the help. submitted something now so just waiting for results.

Thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
                              X