• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jgc888
    Corporal

• Jun 2008

Add-on Domain and ABVFP form processor

If installing the ABVFP files for an add-on domain, should the files still be installed in the public.html folder, or in the add-on domain subfolder. Trying to submit the form, I am getting a 404 error message that the file cannot be found. Is this because there is not a ABVFP folder within my add-on domain folder? I hope this makes sense...it is just a suspicion of mine as to what is wrong with my form submission based on absolutely no technical knowledge of how form processing actually works. I don't see add-on domains addressed related to use of ABVFP.
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Add-on Domain and ABVFP form processor

ABVFP is NEVER to be installed in public_html, not even for the main domain, but in a folder of it's own, which should be a subfolder of the public_html.

If you have it already installed it this way, it is quite easy to use the same installation also for addon domains:

Download these two files from the ABVFP folder:

dbts_abvfp.php and dbts_ABVFP_config.php

in your computer, using FTP.

Next, with FTP, upload these two files, in the ADDON domain folder.

Set the form action, of the addon domain, to be http://www.addondomain.com/dbts_abvfp.php
    Make sure that the error page is ALSO in the addon domain folder.

That's all.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• jgc888
      Corporal

• Jun 2008

I did create an ABVFP folder within the public.html folder. I forgot about that. But, I did not know about those files that need to be placed in the addon domain folder. Thanks for the info. Maybe that should be put in the tutorial pdf file, if it's not already and I missed it. So, if I understand correctly, I will upload those two files directly into the addon domain folder.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

You first DOWNLOAD them, from the ABVFP folder on the site, then you upload them in the addon folder.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• jgc888
          Corporal

• Jun 2008

Hmmm, I did that and the form submit is not working. I get:

Oops! This link appears broken.
          HTTP 404 - File not found.

I have error and success pages published, and the URL of those correct on the ABVFP control panel. The form is here:

My success page is http://www.portrait-retouching.com/payment.html
          The error page is http://www.portrait-retouching.com/errorpage.php

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Not sure what you have done wrong. if you wish, send me your login details and i'll have an inside look.
            Navaldesign

Comment

• jgc888
              Corporal

• Jun 2008

Thank you for that. So now the form info is getting sent, but as far as I can tell the file submission is not working. Any idea why? I just wanted the file attached to the email...not necessarily stored in a database.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

The files are NOT stored in the database. They are uploaded on the server, a link to the location is included in the mail, and they ARE attached to the mail, unless they are too big (depending on your server settings, from 2 MB to 8 MB).

EDIT: you have set incorrectly the upload folder, so the files are not uploaded. I fixed it for you, you should have recieved the mail with the attached file.
                Navaldesign

Comment

• jgc888
                  Corporal

• Jun 2008

Thank you very much. I did get the file. I want to make sure I don't override your correction by republishing the order form with the BlueVoda Website Builder if I tweak it in the future. The change you made to the upload folder would be unaffected by this, right?

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Republishing doesn't affect the settings in the ABVFP control Panel
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                    X