• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • post15webmaster
    Private First Class

• Jan 2009

Voda Form Submit Button

I have just completed my web page www.waynesboropost15.com and am having a problem with the submit button on forms that I have loaded to the web site. I have developed the form from scratch. When I inserted the "submit" button I had added the following html code:
    Before Tag: <A HREF="mailto:
    Inside Tag post15@pa.net"
    After Tag: richardcline</A>

When the form was uploaded to the web I lose the Submit button and in its place I see the "After Tag" persons name shown above.

Question: What did I do wrong? I have read the tutorials an did not follow them exactly but felt how I constructed the form pretty much agreed with what your tutorials had provided for guidelines. Example of form on my web site is http://waynesboropost15.com/aux_application.html.

Thanks for the help
    Jim
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Voda Form Submit Button

What you did wrong is that you did not follow the tutorial, as you admit yourself.

What BV builds is perfect because it is a visual page generator, but making the dynamic parts work, is a matter of inner code, and the way you built your submit button is completely wrong.

1. Delete the submit button and replace it with a new one.
    2. The mailto (that is, sending a direct email with the form data) in most cases will NOT work, and you can do nothing about it, because it depends on the visitors email client settings. Use the built in form processor as per tutorial.

Worst of all! You DON'T have a form in your page! you do have the fields and buttons, but no form!

Please watch the tutorial again.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• post15webmaster
      Private First Class

• Jan 2009

Re: Voda Form Submit Button

Thanks for your review and analysis of the problem. You indeed confirmed my suspicion and I will have to re-do about 6 forms on my web site. I was looking for an easy way out since I had developed these forms some time ago and was hoping they would work without another major effort. Now its back to the drawing board. The tutorials are very good and I think I can muster up some energy to solve my problem.

Jim-post15webmaster.

Comment

Working...
      X