My forms won't go through to my client's email -- Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • henry14za
    Corporal

• Mar 2007

My forms won't go through to my client's email -- Please help!

Hi,

First off, please forgive me if I say/ask something ridiculous. I'm a newbie with this stuff. My husband/partner handles the techy side of things but is out of the country and I'm in a bind.

We recently built a site for a client that contains several forms built on Blue Voda. When I direct the form submissions to come to my email, or a number of other emails that I tested, it works fine. However, for some reason the submissions will NOT go through to my clients' email address ("clientname@theirsite.com"). We host the site on our Voda Host account but do not host their emails. They are a financial company with strict rules for that sort of info, so they had an in-house guy set up an email server for them.

Their tech guy says it isn't on his side of things and I need to "add an entry to my dns in order to see sitename.net and sitename.info." What does this mean? How do I "add an entry to my dns? Any ideas for how I could solve this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Erin
  • DarrenC
    Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Re: My forms won't go through to my client's email -- Please help!

I might be wrong and I am sure others here might comment but if you say the forms work but not when you set the email address to that of your clients, then I would say its your clients issue and not yours.

I know with large companies there email recieveing control is so tight to avoid spam that they only recieve emails from those that are known to them. So if they get random emails from random email addresses then they are blocking them.

I haven't experienced this with forms yet but have with sending straight forward emails.

I am no expert so hopefully more posts will be added to help you out.

Darren
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• henry14za
      Corporal

• Mar 2007

Darren - thanks. I really hope so! This is what I was thinking, but every time I suggest it to their tech guy, he says it's nothing on his side and it's something I need to figure out and fix here. (Doesn't help that the client is several states away.)

So if that IS what it is, what is the email address/sender that I would need him to add to his "acceptable" list or whatever? How does that work with the forms? When the forms come through to my email they say they are sent from Voda##.Voda##.com. Is that the "address" he would need to unblock?

Comment

• DarrenC
        Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

The email address/sender can vary. I believe this is the problem because if all worked as it should then the senders email adress would drop into their mail box so they could reply to it.

I don't think the Voda thing is the issue as I am sure he would get the same problem with any other host.

Need more advice on this one hopefully one of the forum moderators will be along soon
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• henry14za
          Corporal

• Mar 2007

Yes, when the emails work (when sent to any email except the clients, it seems) the email from the form submitted pops up as the "from" field, where you can reply to that person. Then if I look at the details of the email when it's sent to my gmail, it also says "mailed by: Voda##.Voda##.com" (Not really #-signs. It has my dns server listed there. I have no idea whether that's something that's ok or not for me to post on a public forum.)

*not posting that to make you rack your brain, Darren! just posting it in case it helps the moderators or whoever out with telling me what's what!*

So does the form submission - as an email - technically come in as "from" the individual's email server, or from my dns or vodahost or whatever?

Comment

• DarrenC
            Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Standby I am going to look at one of my forms
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• DarrenC
              Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

No, I'm still not sure...someone will be along soon, just hang in there.
              Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• davidundalicia
                General

• Mar 2006

I am not into vh server emails, but it could be to do with your form.....the from voda seems to be a clue........

I seem to remember something that navaldesign posted on that quirk, but I cant find that post at the moment.
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                Newbies / Beginners Forum
                FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• davidundalicia
                  General

• Mar 2006

This thread looks as if they had a similar one...........im reading it now
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Comment

• davidundalicia
                    General

• Mar 2006

Could well be your form, lets try what george did.

Go to any of my sites below my siggy
                    get my email address
                    change your form's email to mine and republish your page with the form
                    give me the url of your form and we can test it out.

Have fun
                    Regards..... David

Comment

• henry14za
                      Corporal

• Mar 2007

thanks so much! just republished one of the forms and am submitting to you.

Comment

• henry14za
                        Corporal

• Mar 2007

I read through the other thread. It seems like that issue was that the actual form field were coming through with the wrong information in the wrong places. On mine, everything comes through correctly. It just won't go to the clients' email addresses. We even just tested having on of the forms sent to an email for another domain that is in the same ip space as the client's domain...and it worked! It just won't work to the emails for this specific domain. It's mind-boggling.

Comment

• henry14za
                          Corporal

• Mar 2007

Ok. Thank you for your help! It does seem to be on the client's side, and I've finally convinced their guy of that. Phew.

Comment

• DarrenC
                            Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Originally posted by henry14za View Post
                            Ok. Thank you for your help! It does seem to be on the client's side, and I've finally convinced their guy of that. Phew.
                            Good luck, let us know how you get on.
                            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
                            X