• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • myjaydee
    First Sergeant

• Sep 2008

Multipage form HELP!!!please

Hi I've spent forever (or so it seems) trying to make a decent looking form that will act as a contract and followed the advice given on http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...-tutorial.html
    but now that I've posted it live, you can skip through all three pages and not fill out a single "required field" and submit !!!

I really need help guys.

link is http://www.????.co.uk/formpage1.php
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Multipage form HELP!!!please

The Tutorial ONLY shows how you can build a multipage form. It doesn't cover secondary aspects like the field validation. It is up to you to implement the necessary validation using either BV's built in validation Tools, or other tools based in PHP if you have such knowledge.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• myjaydee
      First Sergeant

• Sep 2008

Hi Naval,

Finally figured out what was causing this not to work!!! by going through it all with a fine toothed comb so to speak. I had set everything up correctly.

I'd followed the instructions to the tee by copying and pasting the names.
      In the multipage tutorial the instructions say to name the page
      [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/DAVIDG%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/DAVIDG%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]
      The form name is “Form page1”.

The action is set to be “formpage2”
      The encoding type will be “multipart / form data”.
      The method is set to “POST”.
      I renamed the form name to form_page_1 (with NO SPACES) and it works. Yeah.

Hope you don't mind me letting you know this - perhaps you could adjust the tutorial to help others.

Hope you have a good week - mine's just got a lot better :)

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

As i said, the tutorial doesn't cover the validation aspect. Also, this tutorial is made, if i recall well, more than two years ago, when BV had no validation tools. Un update would certainly be required, but time is always so little....
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X