• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • korukai
    Private First Class

• Feb 2009

Form Submit Question

Alrighty, I've done something weird to my form and it's acting crazy...my site is www.gooddogsitter.net, and my contact_email page has 2 different forms which a client would complete one or the other.

So, I gave each form different names and directed them to different email accounts I set up in cpanel, and from there different forwarders send them to a single yahoo email account.

Well, the 2nd form works fine, goes to the correct BV email account, but the 1st form won't behave, and keeps going to the 2nd forms BV email account even though I've directed it in form properties to go to a different email account.

Any form guru's out there?
  • davidundalicia
    General

• Mar 2006

Re: Form Submit Question

I saw a post by Navaldesign(our forms guru) which stated that you cannot have 2 forms on a single page............check it out, he may have given a solution.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

In Fact, you can't. The built in form processor, which is automatically uploaded when the page is published, is unique,so it will take the setting sof one or the other for. That's why all emails are sent to the same email address.

Also, the built in validation will only work for one form ony.

There are workarounds in many ways, but they all require some scriptiong knowledge. An easy one (but only for the submission, not for the validation):

Create a page with a copy of the form that doesn't work, name it (merely as an example) form_clone, use the built in form processor, set the email address / subject / thank you page that you like, set it to be php and publish it.

Go back in the original page (the one with the two forms) and set the action of the form that doesn't work, to be: form_clone.php

Now it should work.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• caself
        Private First Class

• Feb 2009

So only 1 form allowed per page?

Carl

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

That's what i said, unless you trick it as explained.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• korukai
            Private First Class

• Feb 2009

Thanks everyone, I separated my forms onto individual pages and my email is working like it should. I'm learning, slowly but surely....

Comment

Working...
            X