Form problems - Unaible to submit to my e-mail address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form problems - Unaible to submit to my e-mail address

Can you go see my website www.calecheduvieuxquebec.com and click on : Francais / Mariage / and try my form. I put editbox and combobox. I put submit and reset button and I didn't rename it. For the action I put : mailto:dannydoyle@videotron.ca (our email address) and for encoding type I put multipart/data.When I tried it, I received anything ?

Thank you for your help !

Re: Form problems - Unaible to submit to my e-mail address

There are many mistakes in your form. First do NOT rely to the "mailto" method, it will fail in most cases.
    Use the built in form wizard.
    Your fields are unnamed, they have the default "Editbox1" etc. names. Give them clear names.
    Your submit button is named "Transmettre" and its value is "Submit". It should be the other way round
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I choose Form Wizzard. But I'm not shure to understand successs and error page ? I create and name a page success and error and it's look like this in the form properties.

Do I have to publish this two pages ?

Thank you !

Comment

Yes, publish both pages...................
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hello,

It's me again. For my french part (Francais/Mariage) I do the changes you said and I didn't receive to my e-mail address. On the other part, I create the English part (English/Wedding) the same way and the message I have on the Internet after I published is Oops! this link appear broken. What's the problem ?

Thank you !

Comment

Your French form is still the same, you have not changed anything.

Your English form is in http://calecheduvieuxquebec.com/wed.php Notice the .php at the end. This is because pages with forms processed by the built in form processor are published as php and not as html.

Change your menus, to point to the php page and you will be ok, at least for this part.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello,

Finally, I understood. Everything working French and English part. Thank you so much. I change .html for .php in my menu barre.

Merci beaucoup et à la prochaine !!!

Comment

Hi!
                My contact us page don't open. http://www.vawoodworks.com/contact.php Only opens if .html. I'm sure I do something wrong.

Comment

Connect with FTP to your ite, and look to see if the page actually exists. if it does, check the file permissions to see if they are 644 as they should.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help! It's up there now.

Comment

I have 2 more problem if you don't mine. 1 the send button don't work http://www.vawoodworks.com/contact.php and 2 the links opens funny when you click on them. http://www.vawoodworks.com/links.html

Comment

You have two submit buttons, BOTH are outside the form area and thus not working. Delete the central one and move the other inside the form boundaries.
                        The central one is associated to a "onclick Showobject" event. So even if this one was within the form limits, it would not work.

Not sure what you mean "the links open funny". The links open in popup windows because YOU have set them to open this way. If you want them to open in full windows, just set the link targets to "Open in a new window" (_blank)
                        Navaldesign

Comment

I know this is a stupid question,but how I can do the delete and the move? Delete the central one=the large text field? I figured out the links. Thanks so much for your help and patience.

Comment

As i said, you have two SEND buttons. Delete the one that is towards the center of the page. Simply select it (in BV) and press Cancel .

Then select the other one (the bottom right SEND button) and drag it with your mouse inside the form area.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

It's done! :) Again thanks for everything!

Comment

Working...
                              X