Seriously don't have a clue what to do with scripts etc!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • squeak
    Corporal

• Jul 2008

Seriously don't have a clue what to do with scripts etc!!

Hi

A complete scriptally-challenged person here, pleading for help!

I would like to have a check-box system where the visitor needs to answer yes to each question (of which there are 5) before they can proceed on to fill in their contact details on a second page of the form. Would this be impossible for a complete idiot like me to do?

Also, i have never understood scripts, don't know what one is, where i would get one from or what i would do with it when i had it.

Sorry that this seems like a pretty basic question, but i cant seem to find any posts made by anyone as clueless as me on the forum!

Thanks! Hope you can help!

Squeak
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Seriously don't have a clue what to do with scripts etc!!

A script is a program that erforms calculations, makes decisions (based on the user input) and behaves accordingly. It has to be writen in a language that is suported by the server (not javascript, as many users have Javascript disabled on their browsers) so, if you are a VH customer, it needs to be in PHP.

What you are actually looking for is a two page form, with some code that will ONLY allow fullfilment of the second one (details) only after verifying that the first one (questions) is already properly filled in.

If you don't mind about having this check, the issue is simple: make the first form, and set as success page, the page of the second form. Of course, if you do so, the info will be sent to you in two separate emails.

If instead you need that check too, it is a bit different.

Unfortunately, if you have no clue at all about php, you wil need someone to build this for you, which means paying something.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• squeak
      Corporal

• Jul 2008

Thank you for your help.

I have somehow managed to get my head around the form wizard in bluevoda and get the form sending to my email address! Only now i am having a problem with getting everything in the form to do as it should for some reason...

I decided to put the check boxes at the top of the form, and then list the contact information questions below this, i can then decipher whether a lead has any value or not myself once the form is submitted.

Now i seem to be getting the problem that the check boxes are appearing below the contact questions when the form comes through to the email, and that 3 of the check box questions are just plain missing!

The submit button is showing as being above the check box questions but below the contact questions.

I have tried double clicking on each text box/check box in the order in which i want them to appear, but this doesn't seem to be helping.

I'm a bit confused now!

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

You need not just click them, you right click on each, and select Move to front, in the order you want to receive them.

Missing checkboxes: probably they have the same name as the others, each one must have its own name.

A link to the form could be usefull so we can help you.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X