Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The answer must be out there somewhere :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The answer must be out there somewhere :)

My website will have multiple forms, each of which will take the end user to a different page upon filling in a password and email address. There will be only one password which is changed weekly for the entire site.

If my site really takes off (fingers crossed) it would mean physically opening every single page and uploading them individually which could take hours every week. Here's a link to my site so you know what I mean.

I have tried to putting an HTML include to call a second form for the password - it shows this as a password field on the first form but it can be submitted with this field either blank or with anything in it. Perhaps I just haven't made the right combination of parameters in the second form?

Can someone please suggest a way of doing this? I'm looking for a way to make one change that would cover the entire site. I know that this isn't completely secure - but the general public is not savey about how things work in source codes.

Re: The answer must be out there somewhere :)

you may want to look into using Joomla as the website is updated and made at the server and you only click publish and the whole site publishes. this is free with blue voda.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks Mr Maggoo but as I already spent many months working on the site already and most of it is BlueVoda I don't think it's a good idea to take on another package. Or are you suggesting that only certain pages are done in Joomla? I am a novice at web-building so this has been a real trial.

There must be a way of calling the information from another form or table or something so only one page needs republishing.

Comment

If you don't want to use Joomla or any other CMS that would allow you to do as mrmagoo suggested, you will need kind of login script
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Just to let you know, I've figured out a way around this and got these pages up and running smoothly. Hope it stays that way :)

Comment

How about telling everyone how and what you did it and give us a link so that someone else may learn from your hard work.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Working...
            X