Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABVFP - Help

Hi Folks,

When all else fails they say go to the original suggestion - WHY not try ABVFP.

Well I have downloaded and tried to modify an exsisting page.

As per the information found at link

I too loaded to the wrong place and when submitting my page I go through to a link that I dont even know.

Any help to the inprovemnt of this position would really help.

The page I have tried to modify is www.gnjgf.co.za/application.php
    Kind Regards
    Rob
    www.gnjgf.co.za
    www.oryan-projects.com

Re: ABVFP - Help

Hi folks,

In trying to submit the page has an error and on looking for the error goes to this page

There is obviously something that I have done wrong for this to happen - any ABVFP spe******t - I am lookin gfor your help
    Kind Regards
    Rob
    www.gnjgf.co.za
    www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Well. it seems that the form submission takes place alright, but, in the ABVFP control panel, you have not set correctly the "thankyou" page URL. Seems like you have still in there the default value http://www.yourdomain.com/thankyou-html and this is the reason it takes you to that link.

Check it and eventually post back.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi George,

Thanks for the reply.

Where do I make the change to that file - please
        Kind Regards
        Rob
        www.gnjgf.co.za
        www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Hi Rob,

I'm not sure i follow you.

Is it the ABVFP 2.x version we are talking about ?? or the old ABVFP version 1 (deprecated since 2007) ?

If it is the recent version we are talking about, then, in the zip that you have downloaded in order to install it, there is a full tutorial.
          You will see that ABVFP has a central control panel, where you simply fill in your preferences, like the email subject, header and footer, the thank you page and error page URLs, your preferences about Database storing or mot, file uploads etc.

So, there is no file to edit. >You simply log in your ABVFP control panel, you select the form that you want to edit settings for, and then you simply change them in the settings form fields.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi George,

I downloaded ABVFP yesterday using a link to your site DB Techosystems . . .

I printed the 15 page pdf and followed the instructions as best as is possible.

So to answer which version - sorry I do not have a clue.

I see if I go to my control panel - I can get into phpAdmin and there are sections I can ammend in regards to the previous posting of yours.

Is this the path I should follow?

And ar ethere any snags or things I should be aware of
            Kind Regards
            Rob
            www.gnjgf.co.za
            www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Hi George,

I have made the changes in ABVFP control panel and I seem to be making progress.

Thre questions:
              1. I now receive an error - "Illegal form submission".As this is a form you orginally assited me with you would perhaps also know what I need to tweak a bit in order for it to work?
              2. How do I know that the database is being populated or not?
              3. How do I get the catchpa to work on this page?
              Kind Regards
              Rob
              www.gnjgf.co.za
              www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

1. Illegal form submission: this happens when the page URL is not EXACTLY the same as the one declared in the ABVFP control panel gort that form. Might be simply a www missing ot a http missing
                2. Go in you account CP, Databaseses section. phpMyAdmin and look to see if the table related to the specific form is populated or not. Of course, AFTER solving the previous issue.
                3. Please read the instructions that are included in the zip. It explains everything. Your questions are explained in the detailed instructions.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Hi George,

Thanks for responding.

I think I need to get this side of my program working and know that the ABVFP is set up correctly to build my MySQL database.

Please send me your quote to set this up properly that I do not encounter these problems and that I can move on to the next phase?
                  Kind Regards
                  Rob
                  www.gnjgf.co.za
                  www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Please contact me through my contact form, the forum is not suitable for such topics.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                    X