• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shantelle
    Private First Class

• Apr 2009

when my forms are emailed to me there is no information in it

My website is familybond.biz. there are two forms on my index page. They work but when I go to check my email all the email says is: values from question form or newsletter form (not those exact words). then there is nothing.
    Please help!
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: when my forms are emailed to me there is no information in it

who does the forms? If you didnt require any validation.. they dont have to fill anything in .

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• shantelle
      Private First Class

• Apr 2009

I am sorry but I don't understand what that means? Any body could fill out the form (its a question form or a request for a free newsletter) and when they push submit then it should email to me. the problem is that when it emails to me the email I get has no information in it.

Comment

• Karen Mac
        General

• Apr 2006

Link to the form please. If they dont put anything in and just hit the submit you wont get anything.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Karen Mac
          General

• Apr 2006

Nevermind

lol.. viewing your source code was a mistake. It wont matter about your forms. you have the most spam in your keywords that ive seen in a long while. Google will blackball you and the others wont be far behind. You wont have any CLICKS that you dont drag someone there to see

your form action is set to
          action="/index.php"
          When it needs to go to the built in email script or to an action page OTHER than your index page. - where a processing script actually resides. You should go back thru the form tutorials.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• LadyEye
            General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

validate your form fields by double clicking the name and email address area and choose to validate those fields .. the user will then have to input the information in the form before the submit will work ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• shantelle
              Private First Class

• Apr 2009

Sorry, I am just getting so frustrated with this website, I thought any dummy could make one it sounded so easy, but I have been trying to publish this thing for weeks!! I need someone to take me step by step... I don't understand all the lingo I'm not a computer tech. I have validated my fields only to now get a popup telling me that I am only to enter text, which is what I validated it to be with all the characters, numbers, spaces, ect. I don't know. And now I have to worry about being black balled by google!! What do I do to fix this? I just wish I could talk to someone on the phone so someone could walk me step by step through this extremely frustrating process!

Comment

• Karen Mac
                General

• Apr 2006

You should only have about 4 or 5 keyword phrases in your keyword meta tag. YOu cant possibly optimize or have on the page the 5000 you typed in there. Each page should have its OWN targeted keywords. You cant do the whole site on the home page.

If you use the built in form wizard it has action scripts built into it that collects the form data. your index page doesnt have the required script to run it. You should also be using multi form data. Youve changed it about in your form properties. If you go back to the tutorials and do it step by step its all right there for you.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• navaldesign
                  General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

I will only answer you on why your form doesn't send the info: you have set the encoding type of the forms to be "text/plain" instead of the correct "multipart/form-data"

Change it (in both forms, save, publish again, and Refresh the page several times before testing.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• shantelle
                    Private First Class

• Apr 2009

Thank you so much for both of your help! I got the forms working by resetting the text/plain button. And then I changed all my metatags so that they only consist of a few word. i thought more was better but i guess not! Anyways thank you so much for being very specific you both made it much easier to fix my problems and not give up. In working on my website has anyone noticed anything else that I should work on? i never would have thought to ask about the meta tags so anything like that would be a great help to know!

Comment

Working...
                    X