• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Classes Unlimited
    Private

• Apr 2009

Form Date Missing

The form that was created with the form wizard has a combobox with "allow multiple selections" checked, yet when someone clicks on more than one selection and then submits the form only one of the selections is sent to my email by the form processor. I have temporarily disabled the "allow multiple selections" option for now, but I would like give my clients that choice. If you go to my page "http://classesunlimited.net/register.php" you will see "Please re-register for additional classes." because I can't get the "allow multiple selections" option to forward their "multiple selections" to me.

It's frustrating for my clients to have to re-register for each class.

Please help,

Cheryl - classesunlimited.net
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Form Date Missing

I think maybe they need to HILIGHT more than one selection.. by holding down the ctrl key and clicking the ones they want to select? Have u tried that one? Or changing the combo box to a LIST box?

I also noted that in your form properties.. you need to set encoding to multi-part form data.. and your ACTION needs to be one of the built in processors or one that you have set up on another page. You currently have it set to the register.php which is where the form resides but not the script to process it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Classes Unlimited
      Private

• Apr 2009

I have already tried everything, including holding holding down CTRL, and the combo is set to list, and I've set it to multiple again, and set it to multi-part, which I tried before.

Also, even though you see "register.php" in the source code, in Object HTML it shows the action as: "<? echo($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);?>".

I have "Use built-in PHP form processor to send the data to an email address" checked. And the action field is grayed out. If I un-check "Use built-in PHP form processor to send the data to an email address" then the action field un-grays and their is no action, and no drop down options available.

Cheryl

Comment

• Karen Mac
        General

• Apr 2006

How about change it from a go menu or drop down combo to a radio selection? or checkbox selection? that way all of the elements could be chosen. takes a tad more space.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

To allow multiple selections, you must do TWO things:

1. Check the "Allow multiple selections" checkbox
          2. (Which most users don't know): the field name MUST end with square brackets [] (no white space between) or ONLY ONE value is sent. Rename the field to be "Class[]"

The form action is correct. Since this is php, when the form is viewed on the browser, it is transformed by the server to be the same page (register.php)
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X