• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drobertson777
    Corporal

• Jan 2009

Re: Trying to get form SUBMIT button to email back to the submitter

Hey Navaldesign - Breakthrough night! Your last post held the key for me. It was the "form area" that I didn't understand but when you said the "name" field alone was included that tipped me off.

Check out www.mylifetrainer.com/mylifeapp.php

Everything works fine except now I'm trying to figure out how to get my field names to post in the return email since they are posted as questions. I can trial and error my way through it I think...no wait, I'll read the PDF manual! ha ha

You have really been a trooper hanging in there with me on this and I want to say thank you. I'm sure newbies like me test your patience but hopefully helping guys like me get to the breakthrough brings you some satisfaction. Thanks again!

David Robertson

Comment

• drobertson777
      Corporal

• Jan 2009

Hey Navaldesign - Quick question if I may...I've made huge progress as my previous post suggests but now I'm stumped on:

(a) how do I delete a form in ABVFP that I don't want?

(b) the end users get 2 emails for each submission - one that I created as Formid-2 and then another one that it is pulling from who knows where???? I wrote a sample registration email months ago and for some reason ABVFP is picking up that email and sending it to every single client submission - that URL or language appears no where in ABVFP that I can see!

(c) I get copied on any end user who submits the form - it sends me an email of the entire contents - which I do not want to happen

I'm nearly there,
      David Robertson

Comment

• drobertson777
        Corporal

• Jan 2009

I solved (b) since I posted but am having all sorts of trouble with the following error when trying to enter a client's email address in the form...

A message that you sent contained no recipient addresses, and therefore no
        delivery could be attempted.

------ This is a copy of your message, including all the headers. ------

To:
        Subject: Your answers from your MyLife Application form
        X-PHP-Script: www.mylifetrainer.com/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php for 68.52.103.66
        The above is from my cpanel web mail (Roundcube). I get this error on every single email but the client seems to get copied on it although the message is truncated. Any ideas? -- David Robertson

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

a) Gon in your CP, phpMyAdmin, and delete forms that you don't need from the _ABVFP_forms table.
          b) ABVFP can NOT pick up any message from elsewhere. Maybe you had at that time set an autoresponder for the registration ?
          c)I get copied on any end user who submits the form - it sends me an email of the entire contents - which I do not want to happen
          You mean that you don't want to receive the main mail ? ABVFP is a form processor, so by default it DOES send you the email.
          If you don't want it, just create an email address within your own account, specifically made for this purpose, and simply don't read the emails received. From time to time enter in round cube and purge this account so the emails are deleted.

I can't know about your other post, not without entering your account to se exactly how ABVFP has been setup.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• drobertson777
            Corporal

• Jan 2009

Hey Navadesign:

(a) Your fix worked perfectly!
            (b) Again, you were exactly correct, it was in my autoresponer in CP
            (c) I set up the dummy email to store form replies that I don't want to read since the results are for the client's exclusive personal use

ABVFP finally makes sense to me and I re-read the PDF tutorial again last night. Thanks for all the hard work and willingness to share your creativity. Have a blessed weekend! -- David Robertson

Comment

Working...
            X