Need help on file permissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on file permissions

Wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

Just recently had a major crash and lost all of my bookmark URL's, fortunately I had all of my BV pages saved on an external hard drive, but just before the crash I went through the process of installing ABVP, everything went smoothly and the installation was successful. I lost the login URL for creating the database so decided to reinstall it again, I then deleted the ABVFP database and reinstalled everything from scratch on my new computer, now I can't seem to change the file permissions for ABVFP on the ftp (filezilla) server to 644, it just pops back to 755 and I get the error messag: Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /ABVFP/dbts_install.php on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. when I try to

go to the URL http://www.yourdomain.com/ABVFP/dbts_install.php

Please I need help on this, I have spent days going through the forums looking for a similar problem but no luck.

Regards,
    Maureen

Re: Need help on file permissions

??? The ABVFP folder MUST be 755, the files within it should be 644

The error message CLEARLY indicates wrong permissions of the ABVFP folder.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply to my question regarding file permissions.

The file permissions for ABVFP in the FTP program is 744, I have tried to change it to 755 but no go, it keeps popping back to 744, I have tried changing the file permissions for the files within the ABVFP directory to 644 but they too keep popping back to xxx. Could there be any setting in FileZilla that could be blocking me from changing file permissions? I am rather perplexed by this as I was able to change these setting before my computer went out of business.

regards,
      Maureen

Comment

Try changing them through your File manager in CP
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you so much, changing the file permissions in cp seemed to do the trick. Although I did go back to FileZilla to see if they were changed but they remain the same.

Regards,
          Maureen

Comment

Probably that is an issue with Filezilla, the CP file Manager is very precise
            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
            X