• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • christmasvillagebackgroun
    Private First Class

• Jun 2009

Need form help BIG TIME

Would SOMEONE be so kind as to visit my site www.christmasvillagebackgrounds.com and tell me why I'm not receiving the form information?

I'm trying to receive the form information at my gmail account, and for some reason I thought that setting it to test@christmasvillagebackground.com might work since that's the only POP I created - and after that I got totally lost.

Thank you!
    Debi
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Need form help BIG TIME

ummm.. what form where?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Private First Class

• Jun 2009

umm, that's a good question.

One of them is www.christmasvillagebackgrounds.com/requestsample.php and the other is /customsizerequest.php.

Is that enough info?

Comment

Private First Class

• Jun 2009

Hi Karen,

I did use the bvp built in form wizard. What I'll do is create two new pages from scratch and try the form first before I add everything else.

I'm not clear, however, how or why these pages with forms get saved in the Thank You file. Did you mean the Thanks file that I created - or is there another one somewhere in the Cp?

I'm guessing you mean that I should save it in my own Thanks file and add then my link from the Contact Us page would be /thanks/requestsample.php?

I appreciate your thoughtfulness in helping me along, checking back, etc. I've really learned so much about website development, and it certainly has added to my self-esteem, strange as that may sound. I guess any time one adds new skills there's a corresponding boost to morale. So thank you again for helping me figure out this one last bug!

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

First of all, you need to rename your form: it is named "sample request" . Make it sample_request or the validation will not work.
          Now, since the form redirects to the thankyou page, this means that the script correctly sends the mail. If you don't recieve it, there might be some different reasons for this:

1. You have mistyped your email address in the form wizard

2. The mail gets blocked somehow, or ending in your spam folder

First check case nr 2, then to see if your ISP blocks the mail, go in your control panel and see if the mail makes it to your Web mail.

In your webmail you will also see if you have responses from the server with some type of error message.

Please also test the email address where you are sending the form info for correct functioning. You can do so by sending an email to yourself from the same email address to see if it works ok.

I'm not sure what you mean by " how or why these pages with forms get saved in the Thank You "

Your form page is saved as "requestsample", it gets published as "requestsample.php" and upon submission sends the data in the same page. The page recieves the data, it creates and sends the email, and then it simply redirects to the Thankyou page (which, in this case, is the swatchsuccess.html page).
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Private First Class

• Jun 2009

Thank you so much.

Nine days ago everything you wrote would have seemed like a foreign language.

Today I think I actually understood what you said. Progress.

Now if I can only DO what you said!

Debi

Comment

Private First Class

• Jun 2009

Hi.

Ok! The forms are working. My next problem is how to access them from my desktop. Will ask on different thread.

Thanks to you both!

Comment

Working...
              X