X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABVFP - tab option

Hi Folks,

I am trying the following,

I have several blocks that i need to enter information into- and using ABVFP I would like to create the following effect,
    1. That on entry of data to the block it automatically moves to the next block.
    2. If I have to enter a value i.e. 10 or 11 then I need an option to enter it without it passing over to the next block.
    Your ideas here would be most welcome
    Kind Regards
    Rob
    www.gnjgf.co.za
    www.oryan-projects.com

Re: ABVFP - tab option

ABVFP is a processor, has nothing to do with the form itself.

1. You need specific Javascripts made for your own form, and events to control the "jump" from one field to another. Usually the "onKeyUp" event is used to control the length of the input in each field.

2. Not sure what you mean.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi George,

Thanks for the reply.
      1. I have a page at www.gnjgf.co.za/scores.php in this page there are now 6 blocks which are to receive values and as you explained the on key up would be the next option.These blocks generally receive single numbers i.e 1 to 9 and the key up option will work well.
      2. There are times however when the field will take a double digit number - never triple and i then need the option to overwrite or insert the number say 10 or 11 either before the keyup option or after.
      This is a pretty complicated one and maybe just the plain enter option of each insertion would be best.

I look forward to your reply
      Kind Regards
      Rob
      www.gnjgf.co.za
      www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

The onkeyup event only detects that a keyboard button has be released (after pressing it). So it is to the JAvascript to do whatever you want done. If you write the appropriate Javascript, it can do whatever you like.

The "onkeyup" event is only the "trigger" that calls the JAvascript. it can check if there is only one number filled in, or two, or if the value filled in is 10 or 11 and so on.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X