• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • start living
    Special Status

• Apr 2008

Form not going to error page

Hi,
    I have saved the following page as a php page after using the 1st option form from the form wizard.

1. if filled in correctly it sends the data and displays the thank you page.
    2. if filled in incorrectly it sends nothing but still displays the thank you page and not the error page.
    Please help.
    Thank you
    URL
  • davaxeman
    Sergeant

• Nov 2008

Re: Form not going to error page

Hi
    I have just put a form on my site and have the same problem. Did you manage to resolve yours, if so, could you advise me?

Regards
    David Meikle
    Last edited by davaxeman; 07-30-2009, 11:26 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

• start living
      Special Status

• Apr 2008

Hi david... no I have not yet had a reply...however, when America wakes up I am sure to get a reply. The people on this forum are amazing... very very helpful.
      Hang in there by tonight (my time) it will be resolved.
      Hans

Comment

• travlinman
        Major

• Feb 2009

Hello Hans,

Not sure about America but here in Spain & we are awake so lets see if we can resolve this.

I have checked ur code but I can not find the target for neither the success nor the error page. In ur form in step 4 of 4 u should have defined the name of both both the success & error page.

Go to form properties (dbl click form) in center of the box that opens, half way down, Success URL & Error URL.....u need 2 define these if u did not. Complete URL .... http://wwwyourdomain.com/filename.html (file name being error & success or whatever u decided 2 name them).

NOTICE: If u have not created & published these pages they will not exist!

David, i hope this helps u 2.

Good Luck.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
        Aguycanbeachhostel
        Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

• start living
          Special Status

• Apr 2008

Hi David, Spain! Spent a lovely few months at playa de English when I was on my way sailing around the world. Also did some racing of the coast there.

Well, I have checked and recheked what you have advised me. All was exactly as you say it should be. In desparation, I deleted all and started again. Same story... no matter what I fill in those Field... only the success page shows up... I mean, I put a series of numbers in the email field but it still brings me the success page and send the gobbledeegook to my email address. In the field validation i clearly state email. in the name field I state only alpha numerics. yet...!!!
          Please see for your self both pages are on the web .../fxsuccess.html and .../fxerror.html. Yet they do not do what they are supposed to do
          I'm lost.
          Please see again.
          Thank you
          Hans

Comment

• travlinman
            Major

• Feb 2009

Hello again Hans,

I had 2 create several forms 2 find ur mistake, I think I have found it or at least part of it.

open your page ==> click on the email box (not the form) ....Editbox properties opens ==> click the "Validate" Tab first box "Data Type" ==> select "Email Address" ... "Custom Error Message" should be unchecked

Save & republish
            if not, may be Naval, Karen or one of our other moderators with more experience see something.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
            Aguycanbeachhostel
            Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

• navaldesign
              General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Ok, first let's understand what we are talking about.

You have used the built in validation, which is Javascript. BUT for the Javascript to work, your form name which is

formname="Forextraders PA"

should have no whitespaces, so make it simply "Forextraders_PA"

(underline instead of a whitespace)

The error page is a totally different issue, it will report errors like hacking attempts and wrong fileuplad filesize (which is not your case)

After changing the form name Save, Publish, and Refresh the page before testing.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• start living
                Special Status

• Apr 2008

Hello David,

The problem remains in place, I still get the success page even if I make a mess in the fields. Stuck a whole lot of numbers in the email field, and it dutyfully sent all the gobbledecook to my email.
                It will not raise the error page when I make deliberate mistakes. It brings up the success pahge and send the rubbish to me.
                I want to say a big thank you for the time you have taken to help me, sorry it did not work out.
                Perhaps we shall learn from someone else. I'll mention the page URL again and hope for some assistance from the Professors of the forum.
                Again thank you, but I just want to say that if a man with your experience does not know, small wonder I cant fix it.
                URL http://www.forextraderspa.com/velenthanx.php

Here is hoping.
                Hans

Comment

• navaldesign
                  General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

You added the underline BUT you didn't remove the whitespace.

Please edit again.

By the way, I'm George, not David.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• start living
                    Special Status

• Apr 2008

Hello Naval, Our posts crossed, i was rplying to David.
                    The reply was sent before I received your first post.
                    thank you for assisting. I shall execute now...
                    Hans

Comment

• start living
                      Special Status

• Apr 2008

Hi Naval.... knowledge is a wonderful attribute. Thank you problem solved.
                      It now brings up a little pop up if one cocks up the form entry and tells you exactly what to do.
                      Many thanx... learned again
                      Hans

Comment

Working...
                      X