What to name the databse files in the bv11???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • babybudd
    First Sergeant

• Jul 2009

What to name the databse files in the bv11???

Hi,for someone(please)who knows the bluevoda version 11 would you mind helping me with this question please?How would you use the features such as the login,logout,pasword and the administrator button such as what name would go into the -properties window-create database-(usersdb.php) what would you put there or would that be left alone?
    LaDelle
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: What to name the databse files in the bv11???

The default name would be just fine, however it is advisable that you change it to something "strange" like (just an example) : MyUsers2009DB.php
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• travlinman
      Major

• Feb 2009

name it what u like, if they are clients call it clientdb.php or memberdb.php for members, contestantsdb.php, etc.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
      Aguycanbeachhostel
      Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

• babybudd
        First Sergeant

• Jul 2009

Hi thank-you both of you for answering you guys are great,so it is that simply you just drag and drop say the login form and just name the database file anything you like? I have a question if you wouldn't mind helping me with please, for the administrator form is there anything special you have to fill out in the properties window to make the login work for your members and do you have to put the administrator form on the same page as the login form for these forms to work?And the protection form works just as easy as it says just drag and drop and the user if not logged in will be directed to the access denied page?Whew sorry about the very long questions but you guys make this so simple to understand thanks to all who are helping me I don't feel discourged any more I feel as though this site will be made yet,thank-you navaldesign and travlinman.
        Thank-you,LaDelle

Comment

• travlinman
          Major

• Feb 2009

As these r new features 2 BV11 they r new 2 us too.
          I do not know myself, but I would say that the admin form does not go on the same page as the login. It most likely goes on a page that only u or the person administring the page would have access 2; 2 administer the datebase.
          I am still playing with these myself, which is what u urself and all here should do; experiment!
          I am sure that Naval or one of the other moderators will add a few words shortly to explain this more.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
          Aguycanbeachhostel
          Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

• Adrian29630
            Second Lieutenant

• Apr 2009

This is one of the new features of BV11 which appears to have bugs so is not seeming to work. I suggest you wait until you see something in the forums to say that these have been resolved otherwise you could just be wasting your time.
            Regards

Adrian
            www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

• babybudd
              First Sergeant

• Jul 2009

Thank you Adrain and travlinman,for answering - please help me with this if you wouldn,t mind what would you suggest to use to protect 3 pages from non-members?
              LaDelle

Comment

• Adrian29630
                Second Lieutenant

• Apr 2009

Naval has one you can purchase which will do this. Other than that it seems to be a case of waiting for the new BV11 version to have the bugs sorted out when it will be a free option as a part of the website building programme, although not as comprehensive as Naval's script is
                Regards

Adrian
                www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

• babybudd
                  First Sergeant

• Jul 2009

Thank-you Adrain,would you mind telling me how much that would cost please?
                  Thanks- LaDelle

Comment

• Adrian29630
                    Second Lieutenant

• Apr 2009

Naval replied to your first post here in this tread. If you click on the Loggerlite link below his name it will take you to the site where you can see how it will work and what it will cost. I think it is $50 for the script or $60 if he installs it for you
                    Regards

Adrian
                    www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

• babybudd
                      First Sergeant

• Jul 2009

Thank-you Adrain by the way I think your help is pretty awesome thank-you.(same with you naval design and travlinman)
                      Thanks- LaDelle

Comment

• Karen Mac
                        General

• Apr 2006

All of this still will NOT prevent the downloading of your digital download. Once the password is given out.. it can be downloaded until you manually KILL that login.

People will SHARE it. Youd like to think they are trustworthy.. but you will LOSE more copies than you will sell.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• babybudd
                          First Sergeant

• Jul 2009

Hi Karen I appreciate what you are saying but I am not worried about protecting my download any more because I am going to do as ladyeye suggested here in another post(because I do read them and watch the tutorials alot...)she says prehaps you might consider emailing the product until you got so darn busy you couldn't keep up with it...ect....let the person know,on the thank you page ,that they will be emailed the book (or in my case booklet)...when you make a sale send them the ebook by email.. that was great advice and I think that is what I am going to do,why I was looking for protection to keep non-members out of certain pages was for a few internal pages in my site,now if you would have any helpful information on that (beside google it which I tried and there are way to many for a beginner such as I to know a good one) I would definitly appreciate that.
                          Thank-you,LaDelle

Comment

Working...
                          X