• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pink_eeyore
    First Lieutenant

• Nov 2008

Printable fill-in forms

Hello all,

I was wondering if there is a way in BV to create a form for both clients and myself to be able to print. I have a few service agreements that I would like to digitize so the customer does not need to print out the PDF forms and write out everything by hand. My concern is that I would like all 3 pages to appear as they are designed when submitted so I will have an exact copy of the form they filled since I need their signature on both. I guess it's kind of like filling in a resume form online. When we go to the interview, they have an exact ******* of everything you filled in.

Is this possible with BV or do I need to get a special program to do this with? If there are programs out there, can anyone recommend a few or just tell me how I can search it myself as I do not know what I am searching exactly.
    Mr. Big Paw
    Somewhere in the CO mountains
    Big Paw Services
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Printable fill-in forms

Not sure what you mean by "so I will have an exact copy of the form they filled since I need their signature on both"

How are you going to collect their signature on a digital file ?

The rest (receive a form looking the same as what they see on the screen) is doable BUt you need a custom made script as it requires a html email.

Or, simply , ask them to use IE8 's "Mail this page" feature.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

If you create your documents in Word, you can then SAVE AS "Word Template" and the fields remain 'fillable' by those using it.
      They can then email it back to you (usually re-saved as simply a Word document file).

Whoops! Gen. Navel has a good point about "Signature" ... depending on how you prefer to collect it, the client can simply fax it back to you, as a fax is more "legal" than an electronic facsimile in the US.
      Otherwise, you can simply rely on the header Info of the email to provide the IP/Identity, 'Registered User,' time, and other descriptors to verify authenticity of the "typed" signature: as long as the address, business name, and personal name correspond to the entity specifically named in the Agreement, reception of the Form provides the continuity and 'due diligence' required to be legally binding. Done all the time.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Or, use a postback email verification link to verify their email address, as authenticity proof..
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• pink_eeyore
          First Lieutenant

• Nov 2008

Thanks for the advise guys. I will look into the word template option but I am trying to stay away from having them open up non internet pages I want the form to appear on a specific page (similar to how a "contact us" form is displayed). Right now, I have clients open and print a PDF file so they can fill it in before our initial meeting but they are doing so by hand. It's time consuming as well as less professional. Let me make it a bit more clear then my previous post since I am pretty bad at explaining these kind of things where my knowledge is limited.

Here are the pages I want to digitize http://www.bigpawservices.com/pet-sitting.pdf. I want to create someway for the clients to be able to fill in this service agreement online so it will be easier for them to fill it out and print or save a copy for themselves as well as send the completed agreement to me so I have it on record.

I do not need them to sign it online since at our initial meeting we will both sign 2 copies of the agreement. The one they completed and printed online and the one that was sent to me. I guess if it's not possible for the agreement to be sent to me, I can have them email me a copy. I would rather not have them print 2 copies of the agreement since I am a business, why would I be having my clients print out my materials? I guess at worse case, I can do as I do now and replace their original agreement with a copy of it so I can file the original agreement for record.

It would be nice to have this as a database type form but it's not necessary as my business operations are not large enough to justify it yet and my experience with MySQL is too limited. Should my business grew where a computerize database is needed, i will hire someone to do the job for me or use word access.

I hope with the PDF file visual this makes more sense.
          Mr. Big Paw
          Big Paw Services

Comment

• pink_eeyore
            First Lieutenant

• Nov 2008

What about those using Firefox? I would say about 80% of my clients if not more use Firefox or safari. It's a Boulder CO thing, they hate large corporations here especially Microsoft. Most people here are also ***** users for that same reason, again, a Boulder thing...
            Mr. Big Paw
            Big Paw Services

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Sounds like you'll need the expertise of Gen. Navaldesign to build a custom Form ... use the "DBTechnosystem" link in his signature to get in touch with him!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
              X