Form/User Sign-Up/Database Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form/User Sign-Up/Database Help

I'm making my first site and I want people to be able to sign-up and have profiles, so I tried using the Login Toolbar but I can't figure out how to set things up properly.

And I'm having trouble installing ABVFP, in the instructions that came with it, it says to create a folder in my "public_html folder," I don't have a folder with that name, am I supposed to just make one? The only folder that was already there was one called "logs" and inside that folder is another one called "traffic.html." I just put the ABVFP folder somewhere else then I made a data base through my control panel, but I don't know what the next step means by "Create a User"after that.

Re: Form/User Sign-Up/Database Help

Don't mind the second part, I installed and setup ABVFP. But I'm still not sure how to add sign-ups/login and user profiles.

Comment

ABVFP is a generic form processor. Though it can be used to process a member's signup form (and store their details in the database), it can NOT create a member's full script.

There is a simple member's login script in the new BV 11 but it is not database driven (it is flat file driven) and it can create members profile pages.

There are some free and many paid for scripts for this job.

Look at these two: http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/loggin_scripts.php
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I just found this: http://www.phpizabi.net/index.php?L=about.features

It's free and it looks amazing, I'm gonna try it out. Looks almost too good....

Comment

Working...
        X