• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cboratenski
    Sergeant

• Sep 2009

Form not allowing data entry

I created a form at http://www.resourcemobile.com/Contact_Us.php. I was using the resourcemobile.com domain as staging for a new site I was building. Once the site was completed I moved it over to mobilecompassinc.com and now the same form can be found at http://www.mobilecompassinc.com/Contact_Us.php and can also be found via the old link. The form was working perfectly until I started publishing the same pages to the mobilecompassinc.com domain. I'm not sure if this change had anything to do with the issues, but I'm no longer able to enter data into some of the fields. The success and error URLs were the only updates made to the form when publishing to the new domain.

Another strange issue occurs when clicking on the SEND button when all required fields are not completed. The error message is properly displayed but when clicking on the "OK" button on the error message it directs to the success URL instead of remaining on the form.

Thanks for your help!
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Form not allowing data entry

Your fields result (I see it in the page code) as "disabled" and "readonly" with the exeption of Last Name, Email, Country, the text area and the checkboxes.

Open the page in BV, double click EACH field, check its properties, if the "disabled" and "readonly" checkboxes are checked, uncheck them.

Save, Publish, Refresh your browser to test.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• cboratenski
      Sergeant

• Sep 2009

Nope, none of the fields have "disabled" or "read only" checked. Any thoughts on how else to fix it?

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Please follow the steps I suggested.

This is a result of opening pages with the new BV, it some times does this even though they are not checked.
        Follow the procedure and publish.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• cboratenski
          Sergeant

• Sep 2009

I followed your instructions to the letter, published, refreshed and still had the same problem. I even went back into the properties for each box, checked the read only and disabled boxes, then unchecked them before saving, publishing, refreshing and I still come up with the same problem.

I can right click on the table, view the HTML code and I see the issue that you're speaking of, but I can't edit the code. Is there another way to edit it?

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

BUT your form is ok now in http://www.mobilecompassinc.com/Contact_Us.php ! Probably what you are seing is just due to your browser cacheing. Refresh it.
            Navaldesign

Comment

• cboratenski
              Sergeant

• Sep 2009

You're right, that's really strange. I refreshed several times and even did Control F5 to clear the cache and it was still happening, but it seems to be working fine now.

Thanks,
              Cri

Comment

Working...
              X