Change primary domain name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change primary domain name

I registered at BlueVoda with primary domain name as www.youniquenow.com. which expired and currently under "redemption period".
    --------------
    Domain Name: YOUNIQUENOW.COM
    Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE
    Whois Server: whois.melbourneit.com
    Referral URL: http://www.melbourneit.com
    Name Server: NS1.SMARTNAME.COM
    Name Server: NS2.SMARTNAME.COM
    Updated Date: 22-mar-2010
    Creation Date: 08-feb-2009
    Expiration Date: 08-feb-2010
    -------------------

Even though I do not use the site www.youniquenow.com anymore, I am not able to install form maker pro as a result. Formmaker pro could be installed from : http://www.YourDomain.com/fmp/install.php and in mycase YourDomain.com is not available.

Please suggest if there are any possible solutions to this problem. Thanks.

Re: Change primary domain name

Well to get this to work, you are going to need a domain name of some sorts arn't you to be able to get this form to work?

You also say you no longer want that original domain name so I would suggest that get one that you want to use either from VH or a domain registrar and ask VH (submit a support ticket) to reset your account to that of this new domain.

Alternatively leave things as they are and create an 'addon' domain in your cPanel with the new domain which will create a new folder in which you can install the form maker.

Publishing pages from BV will be a bit different. Instead of publishing to public_html you will need to publish to public_html/myaddondomain

I hope this helps/
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Hi Darren,
      Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your help.
      I am trying to go forward with your idea of add-on domain.
      Uploaded the fmp folder and files to add-on domain sgibn.info.

When I enter http://www.sgibn.info/fmp/install.php, I get the below error message.
      =====
      Warning: include(inc/template.lib.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fyipujof/public_html/sgibn.info/fmp/install.php on line 2

Warning: include(inc/template.lib.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fyipujof/public_html/sgibn.info/fmp/install.php on line 2

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'inc/template.lib.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/fyipujof/public_html/sgibn.info/fmp/install.php on line 2

Fatal error: Class 'Template' not found in /home/fyipujof/public_html/sgibn.info/fmp/install.php on line 6
      =========

Comment

Sorry....I'm not familier with Form Maker Pro as I tend to build forms with in BV. I did take a quick look though and would suggest you check all your settings there. The interface seems straight forward enough. Did you assign the new site name for example?
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Hi Darren, As suggested checked with BlueVoda if I could reset account to the new domain thereby allowing a clean install. Will take a backup of existing files before that. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X