• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pipesportugal
    Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2007

how to make a checkbox act as a gomenu

Hi dear colleagues from the VH forum,

Basically I would like to ask the forum if someone can give me a suggestion of the way a making a checkbox behave like the gomenu, meaning when You click it, behave as if a submit button has been hit.

Thanks in advance for all the suggestions,
    PP
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: how to make a checkbox act as a gomenu

I'm not sre what would the purpose of it be. Anyway, IF it needs to act as a submit button, (which, I suppose, means that there is a form in the page with more fields, that you need to submit) do this:

Create a NON selected checkbox in your page.
    Capture the checkbox image and save it as image in your computer.
    Now go back in BV and insert an Image Button in your form. When asked for the image to use, select the image you just saved.
    At this point, the image (the checkbox image) will behave as a submit button for the form it belongs to.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• pipesportugal
      Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2007

Hi naval thank You for Your suggestion,

Maybe it could work even though it would force me to make both images of active and not active checkbox.

I have seen it working (without images envolved) in some websites, and I always thought it had something to do with javascript.

I will make some more tests and after I am done I will bring my feedback to the forum.

Regards
      PP

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

I don't se why you need the second image. I mean, as soon as you click on the "unchecked" image, since it acts as "submit", it will send the user to the processing script / page. So there will not even be enough time for the visitor to see the "checked" image, unless you use a rolover instead, as "submit", in which case the "checked" image will be visible for a second or two. However in that case it would show the "checked" image also on mouseover.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• pipesportugal
          Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2007

Hi Naval,

I wanted to use the checkbox to filter records from a list of customers so that I could list the Associates/NonAssociates).
          I have some gomenus on this filter area where the operator can choose District, Activity, type, etc,etc.
          In those gomenus I created the urls such as list_customers.php?district=Lisbon&activity=constr uction& etc,etc,etc.

I wanted to filter and see those that were Associate/NoAssociates, for that purpose I wanted to create a checkbox that could have the same effect as the gomenu(maybe with javascript), so I needed to check and uncheck the checkbox wether I wanted to see only the associates, or only the non associates.

I decided to follow the gomenu approach also on this situation because I also wanted to see Associates/NonAssociates/ALL, so I created a gomenu with the appropriate urls list_customers.php?district=Lisbon&activity=constr uction&associate=yes (no/ALL).

Thank You for Your help.
          PP

Comment

• yaniv
            Private

• Jun 2010

Hi Guys
            Can I set up one of my forms that when a check box (check box named- I agree to theTerms and Conditions) is unticked my customer cant Submit the form? so they can press the submit only after the tick the checkbox
            Yaniv, Caulfieldstays.com

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
            I don't se why you need the second image. I mean, as soon as you click on the "unchecked" image, since it acts as "submit", it will send the user to the processing script / page. So there will not even be enough time for the visitor to see the "checked" image, unless you use a rolover instead, as "submit", in which case the "checked" image will be visible for a second or two. However in that case it would show the "checked" image also on mouseover.

Comment

Working...
            X