• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigmermaid
    Private

• Jul 2010

Forms: Success and failure pages not working

After pressing the Send button on my form, I get a 404 Not Found message. What am I doing wrong? I have set up and published success and error pages, but they do not seem to be working properly.

I am getting an email every time a send myself a practice message, so that part's working.

My form is www.bioenergy-balancing.com/munayki-rsvp.php

Thanks,
    MaryAnn
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Forms: Success and failure pages not working

Sorry but I can see no form in the link you provided.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• landscapediva
      Private First Class

• Jul 2010

I am having the same problem. Also in the form itself one of my "qty" checkboxes is not working. The other two. I look at their validate properties and they are all the same. The form is located under the page "picnic cuisine menu TOGO" at www.foodflowersfriends.com

Thank you in advance

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

The success page url is wrong as you have published it as .php but in the form properties you typed .html

The checkboxes seems right, if necessary delete the problematic one and recreate it.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• landscapediva
          Private First Class

• Jul 2010

Thanks so much. I'm working on that as we speak. I did what you recommended with the qty box that was problematic and it works but it is at the end of the form submission. My "A" type personality would like to have it in order when the email comes but I don't know how to adjust it. At least I have all the info though =)

reset button not working. Should I delete it and add a new one?

Thanks again for everything.

Deborah

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

The reset button is outside the form area- move it in

To set the fields order:

Right click on the field you want first, and from the right click menu select "Move to Front"

Repeat for ALL fields in the desired order, including the Submit and Reset buttons

Save, Publish, Refresh your browser to test.
            Navaldesign

Comment

• landscapediva
              Private First Class

• Jul 2010

Navaldesign,
              Thank you for all your help. I'm still having a bit of a problem with the html php file. I'm still missing somethingin my train of thought. Thank god I'm a better Chef than computer wiz.

Okay, I keep the order form a php file. I opened the success and error files and saved them with the bvp exention. I changed the page to be directed to from the order form to reflect the new saved files.

I saved all and published. Still didn't work. I tried resaving with a html ext. and it saved it as a doc. That didn't work. I renamed both success and error with a new ext. "success_01.bvp and error_01.bvp" that didn't work either. Where is my thought process breaking down?

Thank you again.
              Deborah

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

When you save pages , in BV, you do NOT add any extension, just the page name.

The type of extension (html or php) is set through the menu, View -> Page Properties -> Page extension (when published)

So it is actually simple:

Open your success and error pages.

Go (for each page) in Page Properties and set the extension to be html
                Save As "error" and "success" (no extensions are required)
                Publish these pages
                Go in the form page (in BV) .
                Make sure that the "Success URL" and "Error URL" are set to be "success.html" and "error.html"

Save the form page, publish it, and refresh your browser to test.
                Navaldesign

Comment

• landscapediva
                  Private First Class

• Jul 2010

Okay I got it!

I see what I did and my thoughts didn't go that far back. I created my order form and they worked off of them to create my success and error pages and saved them with new file names. I didn't even think about the page properties.

One last glitch though. They are up but I must have gremlins or something. Half of my success page is wrong it is like the two pages merged or something.

When working with them in blue voda they are correct but published they are not. For example... on my success page..it reads Success! (new text box) Your order has been placed....etc. on my error page it reads Oops! error (new text box) please try again or call.....

Published my success page reads....Oops! error (new text box) your order has been placed. Strange...

Thank you again.
                  Deborah

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

This is (again) because you are creating your pages using the "Save As" command.
                    The "Ooops! Error!" banner is an image (BV transforms it to image when publishing) and since you used the Save As, the two pages have the same image name. So, the last one you created (error) is used by both pages.

Solution:

Open the problematic page in BV. CUT and Paste back (using the Toolbar icon Paste) the problematic banner. Save and publish again, refresh the page to check it.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

• landscapediva
                      Private First Class

• Jul 2010

Your good. I've fixed it. Thank you soooo very much. If you ever need food help I'm here!

Kindest regards,
                      Deborah

Comment

Working...
                      X