• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deako4
    Corporal

• Aug 2008

How can I delete a form?

Hi, every time I go near the form it causes Voda to crash. I want to delete it so that I can put a new Pay Pal button in its place.

My domain name is: www.to-haveandtohold.com
  • Tom vR
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Re: How can I delete a form?

Originally posted by deako4 View Post
    Hi, every time I go near the form it causes Voda to crash. I want to delete it so that I can put a new Pay Pal button in its place.

My domain name is: www.to-haveandtohold.com

Don't go near the form yourself. Send someone else........just joking.

Would it be a lot of work to rather re-create the page and delete the old? Just a thought...
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

• deako4
      Corporal

• Aug 2008

Thanks a bunch! lol ! How do I do that? I've already tried cloning the page, but it didn't make any difference!

Celia

Comment

• Tom vR
        Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

1. Clone another page, e.g. the index page.
        2. Delete unwanted info.
        3. Copy text/info (not the form) from your existing (troubled) contact page to the cloned page.
        4. Save the cloned page as is (for now)
        5. Using the File Manager on your PC, delete the old Contact page.
        6. Rename the cloned page to your new contact page.
        7. Publish.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

• deako4
          Corporal

• Aug 2008

Hi Tom,
          Thank you for your help but I have tried to re-use the form, but not sure if it will work properly!

I have tried several times to re-publish but without success, it keeps on coming up as the old site.
          I have given it a new look with fresh blue colours, instead of purple and grey. Please can someone take a look at it and tell me in simple language what I need to do.

My domain is: to-haveandtohold.com

I have spent the best part of two weeks trying to sort this out and am fast beginning to despair of ever working out how to get what I want!
          I had no trouble building the site, but everything else seems sooooooo complicated! I really need it to be simpified! It is just sooooo frustrating, to be in sight of the goal but not able to reach it!
          Maybe I should look for another website provider?

Comment

• deako4
            Corporal

• Aug 2008

I did try cloning the page, but I can't delete the form, and I can't copy the rest of the page without the form, so decided to try and re-use the form instead. But unless I am able to publish I can't find out if its working or not! Because the form is for Paypay payments there are hidden files contained in it, could this be the problem?

Comment

• Tom vR
              Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

I think it's time to get the experienced form users to help out here. Someone like Navaldesign, Chris, Watdaflip, Vasili, Marincky, etc.
              I'm not too familiar with the paypal issues, Sorry..

No need to look for another provider. VH will solve your issue, that's for sure.
              Bless you
              Tom

Comment

• mrmagoo144
                Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

forms are very tricky. lets say your form is form1 and this is not working. start a new page, do not copy and paste anything. go from scratch and first create your page regarding graphics and text, then insert your form using the form wizard. now you are ready to save the page call it something completely different, lets day form 2. very important, no matter where you are getting the pay pal from do not include the pay pal button inside the form walls, will not work. if you still cant get your form to work, give me a call, i will be able to remotely go on your computor and fix the problem. no charge.
                mrmagoo144
                www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• navaldesign
                  General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Do you have a published page ?

If yes, provide a link. If not, pls take a screenshot and post it here.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Tom vR
                    Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

See this post George. Link.
                    Bless you
                    Tom

Comment

• deako4
                      Corporal

• Aug 2008

Thank you everyone for your help. I decided to try and fix the form so that I could re-use it! Since I needed the same function from the form I thought it was worth trying to retrieve it. Somehow, I managed it, although, having started on a new page, I had to import all my pictures again.
                      However, I have completed my website and published it! I have learned a lot from persevering with it, even though at times it was sooooo frustrating because I didn't understand the way it all worked. I feel that I have gained a lot and though there are probably a lot more that I still don't understand, I just want to encourage others to keep on keeping on! Don't give up, with help and determination, you'll get there in the end!

Comment

Working...
                      X