This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form problems

I've set up the form using the template. When I check the box Use built in PHP form processor.., the website displays with the html code ate the top of the page and the submit button returns an error page (problem with link). When I remove the checked, the from only refresh when the send button is selected. Help!!!! I've been working on this problem for days. Website is www.rfathersmad.org

Re: Form problems

Well, a URL to the page with the FORM in question would help!

> I figured it out .... be sure to always provide a URL or detailed example when posting - it saves everyone time and effort.

Couple of things about working with Forms, especially email forms:
    1. Make sure the FORM is fully extended under all the elements of your form, especially the buttons: if they are not well within the margins, they will not function properly;
    2. Leave your SUBMIT buttom named/labeled SUBMIT ... seems to always have problems when renamed;
    3. Be sure to remember to publish your Contact page as .php, and your Success page as normal.
    4. And for all your ages when you publish with Blue Voda: keep the page titles in all lower case, especially a function page as your Contact page is (the functionality depends on the presets, all of which need be conforming).
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Comment

ok. Completed steps one and two, and publsh as php, but does not publish

Comment

Originally posted by usmith2995 View Post
          ok. Completed steps one and two, and publsh as php, but does not publish
          Please review this TUTORIAL again carefully, pausing if necessary, and be sure to do everything required without missing any single step, especially as prominently announced in the first line and demonstrated in detail within the video Tutorial:

" Please Read Carefully:
          Your form page MUST be published as PHP. This is done through View > Page Properties > File Extension (when published). "

Comment

I did that. But I will go through this form tutorial once again. I went step by step. Hopefully it will work this time. And I publish the page as php done through view, page properties, file extensions. I'll rename the page after I recreate the form. I will let you know

Comment

NO! You still don't get it!
              You must (1) set page extension as .php via VIEW > PAGE PROPERTIES > EXTENSIONS (2) re-name and (3) Save your page with the new name and proper Page Title before you (4) Publish it in this exact order!

You must also create and properly Save + Publish a .html Success Page.

This is what is meant by following the steps in the sequence shown.

You're on your own from here .... this process, these tools work for tens of thousands flawlessly when followed dutifully, so it cannot be you are the sole exception or that there is something wrong with the tools you have at your disposal: it is merely in your use of them and whether or not you are using them as instructed.

Comment

Working...
              X