• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dsturgis
    Private

• Oct 2010

Contact form information

Hi:

I'm in the process of building a web sie with BV and have been moving along quite well until I build my "Contact Us" form.

I have the form page saved as a php, but must be doing something wrong. When I went on line to check the form all seemed to be going very well. I filled in the information and pressed submit button and the success page came up with no problem. Thought that I was doing well until I opened my email to read the test submission that I'd just sent. None of the information (name, email, comments) was there, just the name of my web site showed up.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I have been through the tutorial several times and have been going through some of the forums, but I'm still missing something.

My web site is www.bikerstation.us
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Contact form information

All fields are outside the form limits.

Go in View, and enable Objects Outline

Then drag your fields inside the form area until you see the form border become blueish (which indicates that the field has become part of the form)

Also, did you check the "Use Built in Form Processor" ?

If you did the Encoding type should be "multipart/form-data" ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• dsturgis
      Private

• Oct 2010

Thank you. All my fields were inside the form area. However I did not have "multipart/form-data" encoding type selected. I changed that and it fixed half my mistake. I made the change and now the "comment" part of my form is working just fine. However, I am still not getting the senders name and email address. When I test the form and try to reply to my test the sender is me (bikerstation******.com) and the reply goes back to my own email, not to the sender. It's a simple form with only NAME, EMAIL and COMMENT going to an email address. I'm looking it over to try to see the difference in the requested fields, but they look the same to me. Can you help me?

Thank you again,

Comment

• dsturgis
        Private

• Oct 2010

Thanks for your help. I got it to work. I just needed to change the required data type in the two fields that were not working. I'm new to BV and think it's great. I'm enjoying learning this very much. Thanks Again

dsturgis

Comment

Working...
        X