• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcaywood
    Major

• Dec 2007

Captcha image not showing/script at top of page

I just noticed this morning that my contact page at

shows a red 'x' and reads 'click for new image'. And at the top of the page there is this script:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_01296106d737ac4168b8317f957f8e95, O_RDWR) failed: Read-only file system (30) in /home/uyuldura/public_html/milamcountyhistoricalcommission.org/contact.php on line 2

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_01296106d737ac4168b8317f957f8e95, O_RDWR) failed: Read-only file system (30) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

This has not always been on this page. So I saved the page with captcha as contacttest.php, deleted the captcha, and published it and I get a page with no script at the top - of course there is no captcha on the form either. I made no other changes on the page.

I've checked permissions and everything else I can find referenced in the forums to no avail. And I can find nothing checked 'read only' on the form.

Any ideas? Thanks
    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
    Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
    Milam County Historical Commission

• jcaywood
    Major

• Dec 2007

Re: Captcha image not showing/script at top of page

Update: I just noticed that a couple of other sites I have with contact forms which use captcha are also showing the 'broken link' instead the captcha code.
    http://www.rhsclassof1965.com/contact.html shows this script:
    The entered code was wrong.
    '; echo 'Go Back'; exit; } } ?>

http://www.aycock-alumni.com/contact.php shows the broken link but no script at the top.
    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

It's because you set it over your SUBMIT button ..... re-position things, and be sure everything is within the margins of the FORM itself!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• jcaywood
        Major

• Dec 2007

Thanks, I've done that (for some reason I thought it was supposed to be over the submit button). Now everything is contained within the form, republished, but still get the script at the top and the "broken link" where the code should show. In the rhsclassof1965 contact page, I can send an email without entering the code by clicking the submit button - because I can't see the code.

On the Historical Commission site, I have also moved the captcha off the submit button, made sure all is contained in the form, published, but still get the 'broken link' for the code and the script on top. However, I cannot send an email from this form.

These have been working within the past couple of weeks and I haven't made any changes to them in some time.

See anything else wrong? Thanks
        Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Lordy! A lot.
          Double-check the "order" of each element, making sure they are all "BROUGHT TO FRONT" and truly in the FORM proper.
          Manually edit Page HTML if necessary.
          Re-create the page from scratch (the email part).
          Etc.

There are a number of things you can do yourself trying to figure out what you did or did not do properly .... not being a mind-reader or a remote artist, it is rather difficult getting busy on your behalf at this distance!

Comment

• jcaywood
            Major

• Dec 2007

Thanks for your time. I actually spent several hours trying to determine what I had done wrong. I could manually edit the page HTML - but I have no idea what the warning messages mean, so I wouldn't know what to edit.
            Perhaps I didnt' explain my problem well. I certainly tried. The forms had previously worked with the captcha. I have received emails via the pages lately. I made no changes on these pages and just discovered today by going to one of the contact forms that the captcha code was not showing and I had script at the top of the page. But by simply deleting the captcha from the form, it again works well and the script disappears. I added captcha back to the form and get the same problems. Delete it and all works well. With my limited experience and even more limited knowledge, I tend to think it has something to do with the captcha process.
            So I simply deleted the captcha from those 3 forms, sent messages, and received them. So I'll live with receiving an occasional spam email.
            But again, thanks for your time.
            Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Rather odd, actually. First time for such an issue .....
              May wish to leave a Visitor Comment on Gen. Navaldesign's Profile Page alerting him to this conundrum, as he is the resident "Coder" and may have some insight on how to 'reset' the functionality ....

Comment

Working...
              X