• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paulk2
    First Lieutenant

• Sep 2008

Keywords for Forms

This is a general question regarding contact forms and the like and not specific to any website.
    I was always under the impression that meta tag keywords had to have some relevancy to its particular page otherwise you could be penalized by SE's. Since a "Contact Form" page has very little information on it pertaining to the actual website content, I would assume keywords would be practically non-existent. However, what I'm finding is these "form" type pages meta tags are being populated with keywords from the main (home/index) page. Am I wrong in my thinking here?
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Keywords for Forms

You should enter KW as a smaller set derived from the page title (i.e. "Contact Us", "Email Support", etc.), whatever textual content on the page (i.e. "Use this form to contact our customer support" = "contact customer support, etc.), and treat the page itself as a functionary page rather than a core page, thus the allowance of a smaller, hard-anchor KW set.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Paulk2
      First Lieutenant

• Sep 2008

Thanks as always Vasilli!
      From what I discovered here and some published "contact us" webpages on the net I don't believe many understand that they are violating SE protocol by using their core page keywords on their Form page(s). Maybe you can put something on this forum to educate us all.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

I've been running professional a SEO business for more than 4 years now (my VH account got hacked and the site got stripped along with 130 others - ChoiceProSEO.com), and invariably I see no less than 75-85% of websites with caustic KW strategies .... many of them from self-taught 'Gurus' who will never stand to be corrected. Needless to say, I have posted tidbits throughout the VodaTalk Forums to keep people scratching their heads for a while yet, IF they can get past their ego and penchant for doing everything quick and easy ....

More Tips or Guidelines?
        I've already been rebuffed for being too detailed, verbose, and pendantic. Seems even if I do write out some guidelines with expanded explanations, I get accused of trying to run the Show or blow my own horn, so I have resigned myself to more of an observer role.
        (But that lasts only so long, as you've seen, before I literally pop with angst and do a Demo or post a long one, right?)
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Paulk2
          First Lieutenant

• Sep 2008

Hi Vasilli,

Don't let "others" derail you from giving us newbies some valuable information and insight into making our websites.

Comment

Working...
          X