• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • germansin
    Colonel

• Jul 2008

Forms - Error pages in a bilingual site

Hello

Some time ago, with the help of Naval, I built the Contact_Us page with its associated Success and Error pages, using ABVFP form generator. These pages are in Spanish and work OK.

When finished, my site will be both in Spanish and in English as I am trying to expand my territory from South America to some Caribbean, English speaking countries and also, because many Spanish speaking persons use English words as tags when looking for something in the net.

I built another Contact_Us page, contact_us_eng, as well as Error and Success pages, also in English, using the same style.

These 3 new pages work OK except that the Error page displays some texts in Spanish, as shown below.

El código de verificación anotado no es correcto.
    Falta llenar el campo
    NAME!
    Falta llenar el campo ADDRESS!
    Falta llenar el campo CITY!
    Falta llenar el campo EQUIPMENT-SERVICE!

(I am changing the color of the texts here to red for making it easier to understand the problem)

Those texts come from the original Contact_Us page, in Spanish. I guess they were generated by ABVFP.

Within BV, the code shown in the box for error informations is
    <?php echo $error; ?>

Is there a way to add some code for generating the texts in English in the Error page?

Instead fo the Spanish texts, I would like to display:
    The verification code you entered is not valid!
    This field is empty:

The problem can be seen here:

Thanks in advance for your help

German

www.alfil-sa.com
    Last edited by germansin; 04-23-2011, 07:57 PM. Reason: Correcting a typing mistake
    German
    www.alfil-sa.com

• navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Forms - Error pages in a bilingual site

The error messages are hardcoded in ABVFP. The fact that they now are in Spanish, means that you have changed them yourself in the ABVFP code (or I did for you, I can't remember anymore).

There is only one easy solution to your problem:

1. Create a copy of the dbts_abvfp.php" file.
    2. Edit the file to change the error messages in English.
    3. Save the file as "dbts_abvfp_eng.php"
    4. Upload this file into the ABVFP folder on the site
    5. Change, for your English forms, the action of the form : .......dbts_abvfp.php to ..... dbts_abvfp_eng.php
    6. Save the form pages, republish, and refresh your browser to test.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• germansin
      Colonel

• Jul 2008

Re: Forms - Error pages in a bilingual site

Hello Naval

I followed your instructions and now my contact us page in English does display the error messages also in English.

Thank you once again for your help

German

German
      www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Working...
      X