This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forms & Scripts Plese Help.

Hi, i'm working on this website www.primeria.net.
    It is a House Rental Services, i need to create a form that allow people to upload their places for rent ( Pictures, Description, rooms, bathrooms, etc.), and display them in a page.
    And also have posible tenants search by city, zip code, etc.

This is my 3rd. website and i know how to do the simple staff, but i have no idea about scripts and complicated forms like the one i need.

It should be something like www.forrent.com/LosAngeles.

Any help, advices, suggestions, will be appreciated.

Re: Forms & Scripts Plese Help.

Use a "Classifieds" script (many of which are free) that you can find a selection to choose from by doing a Google Search. They come in many different formats, and by using specific keywords in your Search, you may find some written specifically for rental property listings.

These types of scripts take place of a website (become the website), and you can install them as an Add-On Domain to your VodaHost hosting account easily. You may even wish to explore the Fantastico section in your Account's Control Panel to see if the Classifieds scripts listed and available for automatic installation will fill your needs ...
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the info, hope is not to much for me.

Comment

You may wish to try Open Realty, automatically installable through Fantastico. If I recall, it allows listings for Rent and Sell, images, Yahoo Maps etc. A nice open source, free piece of software you can install in just about 2 minutes with a few mouseclicks.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I couldn't install Open Realty.

I'm using an add-on domain.
          www.gleampros.com/www.primeria.net

I need it for www.primeria.net and i also will like to know how or from where i open it.

What should be the path to install it?

Not and expert.....sorry!..

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
            These types of scripts take the place of a website (become the website), and you can install them as an Add-On Domain to your VodaHost hosting account easily.
            Since you already have a site published to the Add-on "Primeria.net," do you not fully understand that Open Realty is intended to be a site unto itself? This is a website script similar to a Wordpress or Joomla type script, where it becomes the website totally.
            Free Open Realty Theme Templates

If this is what you want to do, remember to delete previously published page files in the Primeria.net public_html/ directory, especially the previous "index.html" page to remove any potential page conflicts before installing Open Realty to the same directory.

If, however, you wish to install Open Realty as an element of your published site -- as possibly part of some interior page -- then you must either create a Sub-Domain to run as an interior "Listing" website for Primeria.net, or simply enter a name into the Fantastico Installation Directory Auto-Create "box" to have it installed in a subordinated directory. Using the "sub-folder" method may allow you to "present" the Open Realty site upon your Primeria.net page via an iFrame, but this does not seem plausible or practical since the page-to-page navigation and "processing" functionality in Open Realty is so important, and which is eliminated entirely by mere fact of being presented within an iFrame.

There is no other way around it ... either replace your designed "site" already present with the Open Realty script entirely, or try to use only limited functions best you can by incorporating Open Realty onto your pages via iFrame. This is not likely, so you must decide to switch to Open Realty or find another manner to create "Listings" yourself in BlueVoda.

PS: You have already installed Open Realty .... it is online and functional in an improperly created Sub-Directory >> http://www.primeria.net/primeria.net/
            You may wish to un-install it and re-install it upon the domain itself. Note that it comes with more than 5 pre-loaded templates to choose a default one from as you configure and "customize" it normally: you can view each template demo on the installation from the Menu at the bottom of the page ....

Comment

Ok, Thanks

I just unistall it, i tried to install it again but i couln't.
              Please, help me with the path.

Domain Name: www.gleampros or www.primeria.net ?
              Directory : ????????

I know is hard to deal with people like me....
              Thanks for all your patience.

Comment

Just install it on the domain "primeria.net" itself, and do not "name" or create a directory. This will install Open Realty in the root directory (public_html/) automatically, and become the website for the domain.

Be sure you write down or print out the pages after the installation that show you your Admin Logon info you set up so you can access your installation to do the cusomtization required.

Comment

I feel so stupid..

Thanks so much Vasili.

Comment

Originally posted by macnomo View Post
                    I feel so stupid..

Thanks so much Vasili.
                    Don't!

We all start at the very same place, some earlier than others, that's all.
                    Still, few remain to "pay it forward" by sharing with others, mindful of how we had to make sense of it all and find some bearings .... I'll always give you a straight shot, and there will come a time when it'll be your turn!

Comment

Working...
                    X